What's wrong with this idea 2.0

/ What's wrong with this idea 2.0 #1  

marrt

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1845 and 425
What\'s wrong with this idea 2.0

Ok. So I wouldn’t mind adding a wing mower and an engine to the PT mower as bubenberg has suggested. However, I have a slight modification on this idea. I want to buy an engine and hydraulic pump from Northern Tool. I will then buy another std PT mower and add an arm to tow that mower at an offset behind my tractor. I will connect both mowers, using a little clever hydraulic pumping and a few cuss words, to the new engine and hydraulic pump that will be towed directly behind my tractor in a small trailer.

This setup would have a number of advantages. 1. I could use standard PT mowers with only a slight modification to the mower towed behind the tractor. 2. My 425 would still have plenty of power since it no longer would have to power a mower. 3. I would have a nice hydraulic engine/pump setup to power other hydraulic stuff in the future (like this full size cow rotisserie I have in mind using four 170,000 BTU Dyna-Glo kerosene heaters). 4. I wouldn’t have to worry about designing a fancy clutch system or worry about belt alignments or worry about how to mount an engine on the old PT mower and smelling exhaust fumes while I mow. 5. The entire contraption would look like something out of the upcoming Terminator 3 (T3) movie, impressing friends and family alike.

/ What's wrong with this idea 2.0 #2  
Re: What\'s wrong with this idea 2.0

marrt: <font color=green>(like this full size cow rotisserie I have in mind using four 170,000 BTU Dyna-Glo kerosene heaters)</font color=green>

Now who's gone too far!! Kinda reminds me of Cajun Donny and the worlds fastest crawdad cooker - a surplus jet engine mounted vertically under the pot - takes something like 7 seconds to reach a boil.

Sedgewood

/ What's wrong with this idea 2.0 #3  

<font color=red>the new engine and hydraulic pump that will be towed directly behind my tractor in a small trailer. </font color=red>
If you call Don, at PT, and give him a credit card number, I'm sure he can ship you a few parts for the job -- just ask him for everything behind the center hinge of a PT 425. Then, modify the ears of the rear hitch on yours slightly and mount a couple of cylinders for steering. When finished, you'll have the first double-articulated two-engine implement carrier, with 6 wheel drive, two main PTO pumps and two aux pto circuits.
Of course, as soon as you build it, Bubenberg will suggest adding more, to make a PT centipede.

/ What's wrong with this idea 2.0 #4  

Hey! Nice Sig! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

You guys have too much time on your hands!!! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

A PT Centipede, #@%%^!!! Could you imagine trying to park that thing?

/ What's wrong with this idea 2.0 #5  

mine is already parked ......haiaiahahaiaiaiahaha