QA plate angle

/ QA plate angle #1  

Badback

Tractor
Considering a Power Trac
Please, I need some info.

Regarding the use of third party attachments:

I have seen some posts that mention that the QA plate needs to be mounted at some (unspecified) angle to a third party attachment.

Can anyone tell me what that angle is and why?

What is wrong with just plain vertical?

I guess that this has something to do with the range of motion of the QA plate, but I haven't found any specific information in the forum.

I plan to get a 1430 this fall, and a FFC snowblower, so I really need to know if this is a real issue.

Thanks for any help!

/ QA plate angle #2  

I have seen some posts that mention that the QA plate needs to be mounted at some (unspecified) angle to a third party attachment.

I guess that this has something to do with the range of motion of the QA plate, but I haven't found any specific information in the forum.

I plan to get a 1430 this fall, and a FFC snowblower, so I really need to know if this is a real issue.

Thanks for any help!
are you getting a FEL with the SSQA already on the machine and the snow blower is already SSQA compatible the you have nothing to worry about. i made a SSQA by 3 point hitch adapter. This needed to have a bit of an angle made between the 2 because the FEL on my tractor has a low rollback angle.

/ QA plate angle #3  

You are right, it is range of motion. For example a bucket needs to have some "built in" dump to it or you could never dump it at full lift of your boom when loading a truck, (picture the arc that it travels) for a snow blower, I would be inclined to mount the plate with enough "built in" dump to be able to raise it plenty (with bucket roll back only) for travel. Then to return it to "work" position you only need to "dump" and not need to fool with the boom height position. I think that this is more important on Skid steers (where the quick attach came from) because on a skid steer, the boom (on most models) comes all the way down and contacts a set of stops on the chassis so that the heavy digging forces are directed not thru the loader arms but right to the frame. I think that you'll find that you're tractor's mounting plate is real close to full roll back when vertical and the boom is lowered. It may not be convienient to mount your plate to your snowblower with a 20 deg. forward of vert. but it will make using it worth it!

/ QA plate angle #4  
Tractors loaders roll the bucket back further than skidsteer loaders. To make a tractor stone fork work on my skidsteer I added in a 3" piece of angle iron as a spacer. Without it the forks would only roll back to a level position.

/ QA plate angle #5  

Thanks for any help!

The angle is different on each attachment. For instance, on both my small and large buckets, there is no angle. The back of the bucket is already at the proper angle and the female mount is attached flat to that. The forks, on the other hand, have an angle to the mount. There is also an angle built into the snowplow. There is no angle on the finish mower or brush hog.

When you get your blower, set it on level ground and drive the Power Trac up to it. Curl the quick attach plate full back and see what the angle difference is between the two. If you mount the plate at that angle, you will never be able to curl the blower back any further when it is on the ground. So, think about it a while before you attach the female plate to the blower so you get the best angle for your needs.

/ QA plate angle #6  
When you get your implement, tack weld the plate to the attachment with the estimated angle, and check range of motion. Finish welding if OK.

/ QA plate angle #7  
The angle is different on each attachment. For instance, on both my small and large buckets, there is no angle. The back of the bucket is already at the proper angle and the female mount is attached flat to that. The forks, on the other hand, have an angle to the mount. There is also an angle built into the snowplow. There is no angle on the finish mower or brush hog.

When you get your blower, set it on level ground and drive the Power Trac up to it. Curl the quick attach plate full back and see what the angle difference is between the two. If you mount the plate at that angle, you will never be able to curl the blower back any further when it is on the ground. So, think about it a while before you attach the female plate to the blower so you get the best angle for your needs.

+1

Also, a snowblower isn't going to need the range of motion that a bucket or forks will, so its probably not as critical anyway.

/ QA plate angle
Thanks everyone for the fast and copius replys.

If I'm understanding this correctly, the QA plate tilts forward farther than it tilts back.

What have you used to correct the angle, assuming that I need to kick the bottom of the plate out a bit. Would a piece of angle iron do? Or, do I need a continuous weld all around the plate?

/ QA plate angle #9  

If I'm understanding this correctly, the QA plate tilts forward farther than it tilts back.

What have you used to correct the angle, assuming that I need to kick the bottom of the plate out a bit. Would a piece of angle iron do? Or, do I need a continuous weld all around the plate?

RegL had a similar dilemma back in 2004 (good grief how the time flies, that was 7 years ago!!!). Here is a link to that thread and below is a picture of my forks taken just for him from the side! :laughing:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/power-trac/36525-fork-question.html

22093d1082332842-fork-question-411149-pict0147.jpg

/ QA plate angle #10  

Yes, the QA plate tilts much further forward than back. Can't speak to adjusting the angle, as I haven't done any, but I would guess the strength of the weld/bracing required would depend on the weight of the implement and the amount of stress likely to be placed on it.