Brush Cutter

/ Brush Cutter #11  
once the conversion of the pt 60" mower to a self powered 17 hp motor is completed i will mount the hydraulic motor on my disassemble brush cutter and report on it, early this spring.

or

the farm show magazine has several ways to build a brush cutter. if my pc helper can get some of the pictures scanned into my computer, there are several brush, small tree cutters that can be build with very little money involved. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Brush Cutter
Sorry, the web site does not provide prices. Just out of curiosity, I have submitted a request for a pricelist and I will post it here once I receive it.

The following was found on thier FAQ section:

<font color="red"> 9. I only have two hydraulic outlets on my tractor and the clipper and rotating head require four outlets.
</font>
<font color="blue"> You will need to purchase a 6-way, 2-position double selector valve. This will turn your two outlets into four outlets and divert flow to two separate cylinders. This valve can be purchased from a dealer or as an accessory item. See accessories </font>

Would this preclude one from converting this to a PT attachment? Maybe just have to omit the rotating option?

/ Brush Cutter #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Would this preclude one from converting this to a PT attachment? Maybe just have to omit the rotating option? )</font>

Not at all. You would just have to get a diverter, as they suggest.

I think if you mounted the jaws-o-death on the PT you would use the joystick forward/backwards to lift it into position, joystick left/right to tilt it to the proper angle(just like your bucket). Then, with the diverter control installed, when it is 'off' the knee lever could open/close the jaws and when the diverter is 'on' the knee lever would control the rotation of the jaws.

Or, you could use the diverter on the left/right joystick circuit instead of the knee lever. That way, the left/right would control the tilt until you engaged the diverter, then it would control the rotation.

Either way, it should work pretty slick.

I'd just be worried about sticking the thing on too long of an extension in an attempt to trim higher branches. If you had it right at the hairy edge of stability, all it would take is a fairly decent sized branch to hang on the jaws and you'd tip forward.