Can't find the bleeding port?

/ Can't find the bleeding port?
Well Clumber your first picture is of the engine oil drain cap. A long socket extension works good on that one. Now for the bleeder port. On your latest pics, the 4th picture is a good one. I have used both and they both work as bleeders (I know I made a mistake) but I am going with the top one as the direct bleeder. Now we don't have a tow haul valve that turns like the bigger units. We have the oil hose, yep that nice little hydraulic hose PT gave us with the tractor. You connect one end of the hose to that lower port in your 4th picture and connect the other end to the port in your 3rd picture (first set of pictures). Go slow and the oil just goes through the hose as you move the tractor. No easy free wheeling on these tractors. Hope this helps.

Thanks Coolconnection! I was coming to same conclusion as I studied the CAD drawing for the Tram Circuit. See photo. The bottom ports on the system pump has parts 5, 4, and 6 attached on both sides of the pump and tractor. Looking at the diagram, any air getting in the circuit would come from a new filter install with air entering hose 17. Putting the bleeder hose on the fitting on the tram manifold on the driver's side (shown as bottom right on the diagram) would suck air from filter hose 17 and into the tank. Probably suck some fluid from the rear wheels sub-circuit as well.

Now, the upper port shown in my 4th photo as shown on the CAD drawing for the Treadle circuit. its connected to a tee (part 10). If we bleed from that port I do not think this accomplishes our goal of removing air from the filter hose 17. Unless the air enters the pump from the Tram circuit and can be sucked out through this tee fitting.

Now to consider the bypass for towing issue. If we loop the two tram manifolds together, we have joined the front and rear wheel circuits together. It seems that the system pump is bypassed. No oil/fluid from the tank can enter the system. The motion of the wheels turning the wheel motors (as the tractor is moved/towed) acts as pumps moving the fluid left in the circuit.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• PMPT425TramCircuitWeb.jpg
    PMPT425TramCircuitWeb.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 139
  • PMPT425TreadleCircuit017.jpg
    PMPT425TreadleCircuit017.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 107