Plumbing in another control valve: which one?

/ Plumbing in another control valve: which one? #1  

davesisk

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson MF 1220
Hi folks!

OK, thinking back to my idea about plumbing in another control (that can operate a cylinder) from the hydraulic PTO, here's what I'd presumably do:

1) Disconnect one hose from the hydraulic PTO valve. (Keep in mind my machine is an old model with the hydraulic PTO valve lever where the current model's aux PTO lever is...by the right knee).

2) Run a hose from the new control valve and connect it to the PTO valve.

3) Run a second hose from the new control valve, and connect it with a "male splicer" to the hose I disconnected from the PTO valve.

So, essentially, I'd be hooking another valve in series with the PTO valve. I need an open center valve that'll handle 8gpm flow at 2500 PSI.

So, which valve fits my needs? Would this one work?
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&langId=-1&catalogId=4006970&PHOTOS=on&TEST=Y&productId=36398&categoryId=1503

If there's another model, type, etc., that would do the trick, please post a URL!

Thanks!
Dave

/ Plumbing in another control valve: which one? #2  
#1 cut both hoses,have new ends installed to attach a selector valve, then have new ends installed to the other end of the hoses you cut to hook up the pto. with the other two ports plum in your valve for your cyl.
#2 this what i would do,install a detent valve, cut both lines have jic ends installed hook up to the valve . both in and out and attach the remote cyl. to your pto now you can use the cyl. to use the pto , the detent will hold the valve open. now you gain forward and reverse in your pto