old steiner

/ old steiner #1  

johara1

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ventrac 4500P
when we had to take my 422 to get some work done on it,he was telling me how steep it was where he was mowing. so we went to look at it and sure enough, it was a 1 to 1. he told me he couldn't go side ways on it but he could go up and down.
it has dual wheels all around and it's pushing a 60" deck and it only has 16 hp. diesel. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ old steiner #2  
That's steep. Even if the PT could go 45 degrees, the Kohler is only rated for 25 degrees or oil starvation might occur. Maybe we need aerobatics engines for inverted operation, like stunt planes. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ old steiner
mr,
that old steiner is a 420,over 15 years old. it has been doing that from day one, thats why it's there.that little thing is something. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
the old onan gas engines are rated at 35 degrees. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ old steiner #4  
I looked at the steiners and ventracs before I bought my 422, they are good machines but they are a lot more expensive than the 422 was and lacked the lift height for front attachments and the attachments are not as easy to change as they are belt driven. They have a 2 speed transaxle to give them the power on hills.

/ old steiner #5  
MossRoad: <font color="green"> Maybe we need aerobatics engines for inverted operation, like stunt planes. </font>

Hey Bubenberg - don't let these kids beat ya to it - your chief PT Pucker license is at stake here! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sedgewood

/ old steiner #6  
<font color="blue">Hey Bubenberg - don't let these kids beat ya to it - your chief PT Pucker license is at stake here! </font>

Hee hee hee!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif