Great news! Everything fixed!

/ Great news! Everything fixed! #1  

davesisk

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson MF 1220
Well, this weekend we were blessed with fantastic weather (mid-70's) and sunshine. I got outside and starting fixing some broken things on the tractor:

1) Replaced the frozen throttle cable.
2) Cut off the corroded battery ground clamp, put a new battery clamp, and coated it in plasti-dip in the hopes that will prevent it from corroding again in the future.
3) Wired up the hour meter correctly. Now it comes on when the ignition is turned on (which is how the newer machines work, right?)
4) Wired the hydraulic cooler fan to the alternator lead in the wiring harness. The temperature switch failed long ago, and during it's visit to the shop, they wired in a manual toggle switch. I got tired of opening the hood to turn the fan on, so I connected it to the white lead in the wiring harness. That way, it comes on when the ignition switch is on (which I actually prefer over the temperature switch....it's always hard to know if a temperature switch has failed or not).

The old 1990 PT-1418 is now, officially, not in need of ANY repairs! This is a milestone!

And after all this, I even had time to use it to move about 20 cubic feet of rock and some cut wood! Life is good! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dave

/ Great news! Everything fixed! #2  
Woooo WoOOOoo!! It's a great feeling, ain't it? Back in the PT saddle again! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Great news! Everything fixed! #3  
Congrats, Dave, seems you're enjoying the full spectrum of tractor ownership, that's great! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Great news! Everything fixed!
He he...ain't that the truth. I've learned more about hydraulics and small engines this year that I thought I'd ever need to know. (And I still need to know MUCH more apparently!)

Dave

/ Great news! Everything fixed! #5  
<font color="blue"> I've learned more about hydraulics and small engines this year that I thought I'd ever need to know </font>

Man do I hear you on that note!!...I know, from direct experience, exactly of what you speak. It sure is nice to have a PT to operate instead of work on, eh Dave? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Great news! Everything fixed!
<font color="blue"> It sure is nice to have a PT to operate instead of work on, eh Dave? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font>

Well, I've learned quite a bit (and learned that I need to learn much more!), but yes, it's definitely a pleasure to crank it up and use it for something without thinking "oh yeah, I need to fix this first, then I can do what I was actually going to do to start with".... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dave