Loader PT-422 hydro pump

/ PT-422 hydro pump #1  

Skalini

Tractor
Power Trac PT422
I blew my Hydrostatic pump last weekend. A shaft came out of the pump and oil all over. Called Power-Trac. $2500 for a new pump. I know they rebuild them for $1000 but I am wondering if these can be purchased somewhere else a bit cheaper?

/ PT-422 hydro pump #2  
Wow, I won't be of any help on this but for reference why do you think this happened? Age? Low oil or just luck of the draw?

Got pix?

Carl

/ PT-422 hydro pump
I found a remanufactured pump for $800. Installed it today and I'm back up and running better than ever. I talked to the guys at power-trac and they told me any SAE 10w30 or 5w30 oil for the hydro. I thought I read post on here that said Power-trac recommends Mobile 1 10w30. I asked them about that and they said NO. Only in the engine. Hard to know who to believe. I'm a Mobil 1 fan and really wanted to use it. Its not like its going to kick out when mixed with straight oil! Or am I wrong?

/ PT-422 hydro pump #4  
I found a remanufactured pump for $800. Installed it today and I'm back up and running better than ever. I talked to the guys at power-trac and they told me any SAE 10w30 or 5w30 oil for the hydro. I thought I read post on here that said Power-trac recommends Mobile 1 10w30. I asked them about that and they said NO. Only in the engine. Hard to know who to believe. I'm a Mobil 1 fan and really wanted to use it. Its not like its going to kick out when mixed with straight oil! Or am I wrong?

I use Mobil 1 15w50 in the hydraulic system. I have only used to for 11 years and 950 hours, so use at your own risk. I do get much better torque when warm than the 5w30 that came in the machine.

/ PT-422 hydro pump
Thanks Bob, Do you use a special filter?

/ PT-422 hydro pump #6  
I can't remember, has anyone put Hydraulic fluid in the tank or is everyone running some form of engine oil still?

/ PT-422 hydro pump #7  
Thanks Bob, Do you use a special filter?

I'm also using synthetic - Amsoil in my case. I prefer the Wix or Napa Gold filters...

/ PT-422 hydro pump #9  
   / PT-422 hydro pump #10  
When I change my filter every 50 hours I fill the filter and top off the tank with Mobil1. I have about 450 hours, so that's about 9 oil changes, so I've added about 10 quarts of Mobil1 to my 10 year old PT425 over the years. Still seems to run just as strong as day 1. :thumbsup: