When is it time to buy new tires

/ When is it time to buy new tires #11  
The recessed (flush) valve stems have worked so far for me - no protectors required. But a pain to add air to the inner tires. Fortunately, i hope not to have to with the good sealer in there.

Ken

They make a tire valve extender kit for duallys that will let you fill the inner tire from the outside

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Camco-44903-Wheel-Valve-Extender/dp/B000T8E5LI]Amazon.com: Camco 44903 RV Dual Wheel Valve Stem Extender for Inner Dual Tire: Automotive[/ame]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tire-Wheel-Valve-Extension-Truck-Rv-Dually-new-/200588618143

http://www.anythingtruck.com/Mercha...ategory_Code=HTP-TIRE&Product_Code=341-FE3007

/ When is it time to buy new tires #12  
My 28 year old B6200 that I just traded in had original turf rears that had good tread depth but were very weather checked. I put a tube in one but the other held air. The front were also weather checked and wouldn't hold air so I replacethem 2 years ago.

/ When is it time to buy new tires #13  
Our wheels are solid but I suppose one could drill a hole through them.

Ken

/ When is it time to buy new tires #14  
Like my uncle used to say "aint nothin prettier than a fresh set of mud tires"

/ When is it time to buy new tires
   / When is it time to buy new tires #16  
I think the tread I have has a few more seasons on it, but that said, as my tread is 26X12X12 I have looked at the Carlisle type tires, and then I found these crazy tires and many others like it in the quad section

Cheap Deal on Kenda Bearclaw EX ATV tire 26-12-12 (6 ply) Kenda Bearclaw EX (K573) Big Discounts

I assume they would not hold up to our abuse or have a flat enough footprint but wanted your guys thoughts...

I think they are rounded, like a donut. That would mean less tread contact with the ground and more compaction to the soil as well.

/ When is it time to buy new tires #17  
I think the tread I have has a few more seasons on it, but that said, as my tread is 26X12X12 I have looked at the Carlisle type tires, and then I found these crazy tires and many others like it in the quad section

Cheap Deal on Kenda Bearclaw EX ATV tire 26-12-12 (6 ply) Kenda Bearclaw EX (K573) Big Discounts

I assume they would not hold up to our abuse or have a flat enough footprint but wanted your guys thoughts...

The sidewalls aren't strong enough. Most ATV tires are rated for 450-500 lbs capacity, while those rated for a UTV are slightly higher. You need garden tractor tires rated in 1,000 lb or higher range.

/ When is it time to buy new tires #18  
I have had excellent luck with tubes in my turf tires. Not so good with the sealer. They still leak around the beads at the rim. Never lost the one with the tube, so I tubed the other front one. Tube 'em, fellas!!! :thumbsup:

David, did you buy and install your own tubes or did you have the local tire dealer do them?
PJ

/ When is it time to buy new tires #19  
David, did you buy and install your own tubes or did you have the local tire dealer do them?
PJ

Hi PJ. I bought the tubes myself but had the service station put them in for me. They only charge $5.00!!! Beats me why so cheap, but I like it! :thumbsup:

Since our rims have two holes for valve stems, I just had them leave the innner stem in place and put the tube's stem through the outer hole. I never fill it from the inside anyway. If I would have taken the tire off at home I probably would have welded that hole shut.

/ When is it time to buy new tires #20  
Hi PJ. I bought the tubes myself but had the service station put them in for me. They only charge $5.00!!! Beats me why so cheap, but I like it! :thumbsup:

Since our rims have two holes for valve stems, I just had them leave the innner stem in place and put the tube's stem through the outer hole. I never fill it from the inside anyway. If I would have taken the tire off at home I probably would have welded that hole shut.

Thanks David,
Looking back on threads for buying tubes I was unable to find if owners went to their tire dealers or bought online.
PJ