does anyone out there have a PT power rake?

/ does anyone out there have a PT power rake? #1  

bubenberg

Platinum Member
Tractor
PT425, Kubota L2050, 3 hydrostatic Exmark mowers. Z21D Kubota ZTR, 2 Kunz acrease wing mowers, 1 rough cut kunz mower, one vintage grasshopper ztr, one vintage gravely ztr, various large garden tracto
our seeding business is starting to take off and we are wondering which of the following we should get: Harley Rake, very costly, around $4800 for a dingo or pt size (48"). Rock Hound or a pt's own power rake .... any information is greatly appreciated ...thanks /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ does anyone out there have a PT power rake?
it is a while since i asked that question ... has anyone bought the power rake yet? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ does anyone out there have a PT power rake? #3  
I have the PT power rake. I haven't gotten to try it out much yet other than playing around a bit. It is a heavy tool compared to others available for the 425. I certainly won't use it enough myself to justify the investment, so I'll probably rent it out some.

welcome aboard of the most interesting site on the internet. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif thanks for the comeback. in what part of the country are you located?
good luck /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Charlie pointed out to me that the power rake and the power broom looked quite a bit alike. after further investigation and a call to pt, Charlies findings were confirmed by Terry.

terry indicated to me, that switching the guts of the power rake and the broom would be very possible but that i would not save much.

well, you more savvy tinkers and engineering types what is your opinion? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ does anyone out there have a PT power rake? #6  
Welcome to TBN! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ does anyone out there have a PT power rake? #7  
My location is close to exit 286 on the PA turnpike. Also more on the PT power rake. as you can see in their pictures it is a cruder version of some other makes, at a lower cost. It certainly is rugged, but there are some details such as the spikes on the drum are not the hard spike that Harley would offer. The small tubless tires are insufficient to support the weight of the rake in actual use. I'm solving this by having the tires foamed. On the other hand, it is MUCH more aggressive than hand raking.

Charlie, i was calling Terry at pt about the pressure required to run the larger power rake, in my scheme to utilize skidsteer equipment on the Kubota L2050 and the larger pt models. the GPM is 15 and the psi is 3000. So the pto pump from Northern is plenty gallon per minutes (40) but their psi is around 2250-2500. i hope that is not too much of a problem!?!?!?!?!

terry described me the used 2445 and that it had still the 3 point hitch option on the back, which they no longer make on the new models.

he also pointed out that someone had left him a note about our earlier discussion re: the power rake and sweeper were not identical .... and asked me to pass this on /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif