Kohler Heavy Duty Air Cleaner

/ Kohler Heavy Duty Air Cleaner #1  

Rick_Taylor

Silver Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT-425, Kubota L4330HSTC Kubota RTV
Has anyone tried to connect a Kohler HD air cleaner to the PT425? I have one on my commercial ZTR mower which also has the 25 hp. Kohler engine. It is great! It's really a Donaldson type like is used on most diesel equipment with the plumbing to connect to the Kohler. I'd really like to put one on the PT but just can't figure out how to mount it. It won't fit under the cover/oil cooler so needs to be remotely mounted. Now how to make a 2 1/2" hose clear the muffler so the cover will pivot open is the question. I'll try to paste a URL so you can see the cleaner. Tulsa" target="_blank">http://www.tulsaenginewarehouse.com/catalog/kohler/accessories/airintake/heavyduty/]Tulsa Engine Warehouse</a>

/ Kohler Heavy Duty Air Cleaner #3  
I talked to a guy in Texas that had installed one on his PT425 that he had for sale, but I don't think he's an active memeber of TBN. He said was mounted outside the hood.

/ Kohler Heavy Duty Air Cleaner
Does anyone know of source for air hose? The rubberized paper type with a wire spiriling around to support it. If I can find a 2" hose long enough I may be able to make this air cleaner thingie work. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Kohler Heavy Duty Air Cleaner #5  
I haven't seen 2" that I recall, but boat supply places have a bit larger for blower systems, and venting. It's also used in car ac and heater ducting, so car parts places may have it, although most is a bit bigger than 2". If all else fails, there's vacuum cleaner hose and duct tape. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Kohler Heavy Duty Air Cleaner #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I haven't seen 2" that I recall, but boat supply places have a bit larger for blower systems, and venting. It's also used in car ac and heater ducting, so car parts places may have it, although most is a bit bigger than 2". If all else fails, there's vacuum cleaner hose and duct tape. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )</font>
You may want to put a hose clamp or 2 on that. Robert

/ Kohler Heavy Duty Air Cleaner
My biggest concern is getting past the hot engine/muffler. The hose will have to pass down the engine then along the same path as the oil cooler lines, maybe on the other side. If I can find some of that foil type heat shield wrap to go around the hose.......

/ Kohler Heavy Duty Air Cleaner #8  
Boat places and auto speed shops sould have several flavors of insulation/heat shielding.