Moving Top Soil

/ Moving Top Soil #1  

3238dpw

Gold Member
Tractor
Power Trac 425, C-121 Wheel Horse, 2 Exmark 60 inch zero turn mowers
Well I did a job over the weekend moving 30 yards of top soil, spreading it out then seeding the lawn. It took me a litlle more than a day. It wouldn't have taken so long if the hill wasn't so steep. it slowed me down quite a bit. Just thought you guys would enjoy them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9YZiieSv-Y&feature=channel&list=UL]Moving topsoil with power trac 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMYTAwmCWgU&feature=channel&list=UL]Moving topsoil with power trac 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My7f-2Bmv2g&feature=channel&list=UL]Moving topsoil with power trac 3 - YouTube[/ame]

/ Moving Top Soil #2  
Nice videos Scott... How did you shoot them ? At first I thought tripod but there is some movement that indicates more of a steadi cam or very very good hand held.

/ Moving Top Soil
There is a new feature when you download onto Youtube that will steady the picture. It works great.

/ Moving Top Soil #4  
Aaah. The classic right hand on the ROPs bar left hand steering while going down the hill pose. A classic! :laughing:

Sure beats a wheel barrow! :thumbsup:

Nice looking place you got there!

/ Moving Top Soil #5  
Well I did a job over the weekend moving 30 yards of top soil, spreading it out then seeding the lawn. It took me a litlle more than a day. It wouldn't have taken so long if the hill wasn't so steep. it slowed me down quite a bit. Just thought you guys would enjoy them.
I've done similar on my lawn (approx 60 tons) with my PT422 (or PT428FI ;)), and I don't believe there is a better machine in the world for this type of work. It is so fast at scooping, dumping and back-blading the soil, and leaves very little raking left to do. :thumbsup:

/ Moving Top Soil
   / Moving Top Soil
Yeah it is impresive. I should have taken some pictures of the wood retaining wall that was there before the block walls were put in. It was in real bad shape. There was a danger of it colapsing and even taking down the hill which would not have been good for his house. He had a mason come in and do the walls. It took him several months last year and the winter. The rest he just finished up. I think he said it was $28,000:eek:

/ Moving Top Soil #9  
Yeah it is impresive. I should have taken some pictures of the wood retaining wall that was there before the block walls were put in. It was in real bad shape. There was a danger of it colapsing and even taking down the hill which would not have been good for his house. He had a mason come in and do the walls. It took him several months last year and the winter. The rest he just finished up. I think he said it was $28,000:eek:

Yeah, they ain't cheap. That's for sure. When I was a kid back in the 60s my dad would cruize construction sites and ask if he could haul away broken concrete sidewalks. Always got a "Sure buddy, take all you want." He would break them into retaining wall size pieces. The rough edges looked fairly natural and the smooth tops and bottoms made them stack nice. We had probably 100' of 3' wall and about 150 steps down to a lake on a very steep hillside with lots of retaining walls. I learned a lot about deadmen, drainage, footings and hard work those years! :laughing: