POWER TRAC TREE SHEAR

/ POWER TRAC TREE SHEAR #1  

pane056

Silver Member
Tractor
CaseIH 685 & JD 3320
Hello;

I need input and opinions before I jump off the deep end. I am seriously considering purchasing a PT model Q3416 10 ton tree shear.

It would be used on a John Deere 3320 with 300 CX loader. It will be used with a boom pole extension. Maybe 10 feet long. I figured if weight was an issue with it that far out I would attach a support chain to the pole near the shear and to a hook on top of the bucket. That brings up another question. Is mounting it to the bottom of the bucket o.k. or should the bucket be removed and mount to the loader frame?

I've been on the hunt for a shear for about two weeks. During that time somewhere I heard a that shear with two cutting blades coming together was no good. That it should have only one cutting blade and a slot on the opposite side for the blade to go into to provide a total cut and not dull the blades.

I'm ready and anxious for any info you will provide.

Thanks, nicholas

/ POWER TRAC TREE SHEAR #2  
If you want to save money and build something very simple, then look at these pictures.

One 3/4 in cutting blade closing on another 3/4 flat steel , using an 8 in cyl , 2 in bore, and is on a long boom.

In the last picture, there is a guide to help keep the limb in the cutter during the cut, and keep the blade straight.

Attachments

• PT-1445 001.jpg
    PT-1445 001.jpg
    853.3 KB · Views: 504
  • PT-1445 004.jpg
    PT-1445 004.jpg
    639.5 KB · Views: 1,727
  • PT-1445 002.jpg
    PT-1445 002.jpg
    493.1 KB · Views: 626
  • shear like mine.jpg
    shear like mine.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 806
   / POWER TRAC TREE SHEAR #3  

Attachments

• tree1s.jpg
    tree1s.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 266
  • tree2.jpg
    tree2.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 686
  • treeshear2.jpg
    treeshear2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 506
  • hydracutter_closeup.jpg
    hydracutter_closeup.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 241
   / POWER TRAC TREE SHEAR #6  
Hello;

I need input and opinions before I jump off the deep end. I am seriously considering purchasing a PT model Q3416 10 ton tree shear.

It would be used on a John Deere 3320 with 300 CX loader. It will be used with a boom pole extension. Maybe 10 feet long. I figured if weight was an issue with it that far out I would attach a support chain to the pole near the shear and to a hook on top of the bucket. That brings up another question. Is mounting it to the bottom of the bucket o.k. or should the bucket be removed and mount to the loader frame?

I've been on the hunt for a shear for about two weeks. During that time somewhere I heard a that shear with two cutting blades coming together was no good. That it should have only one cutting blade and a slot on the opposite side for the blade to go into to provide a total cut and not dull the blades.

I'm ready and anxious for any info you will provide.

Thanks, nicholas

Did you look at a Limbinator?
Limbinator Saw