Vantrac will offer no Diesel Engines after 2012

/ Vantrac will offer no Diesel Engines after 2012 #1  

Clumber

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601 HST Nov 2019
Ventrac announced the 4500 model with 31/32 HP gas/propane engine models. No diesels will be offered after 2012. They claim the engine manufacturers will not be offering the engines currently use by Ventrac. The attached video refers to the fact that new EPA reqs are driving this move.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_TU1rGQ0G8

Anyone car to speculate that Power-Trac will make a similar move? Are Kubota or any other big manufactures going in this direction? Are gas engines with EFI/DFI as fuel efficient as diesels now?

Last edited:
   / Vantrac will offer no Diesel Engines after 2012 #2  
Ventrac announced the 4500 model with 31/32 HP gas/propane engine models. No diesels will be offered after 2012. They claim the engine manufacturers will not be offering the engines currently use by Ventrac. The attached video refers to the fact that new EPA reqs are driving this move.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_TU1rGQ0G8&feature=player_embedded

Anyone car to speculate that Power-Trac will make a similar move? Are Kubota or any other big manufactures going in this direction? Are gas engines with EFI/DFI as fuel efficient as diesels now?

Clumber is the link correct my AVG. blocked viewing.
Wouldn't surprise me if all diesel engines are removed from the market. To effecent and long lasting for the modern thinkers.( Design and build to last until warrenty is expired then have to purchase new)
ken

/ Vantrac will offer no Diesel Engines after 2012 #3  
I feel diesel technology has languished given the advances in gas engines over the years. But if you look at articles like this

Eight Companies Determined to Change Diesel Engines Forever - Diesel Power Magazine

you can see there is a bright future, if enough money becomes available. I see that Honda and other engine makers are putting some serious money into Diesel engines for the India market. Seems diesel is a better choice in that country. To hear Honda getting into the game is exciting.

PT may have to leave Deutz behind, but they have so far been upgrading engines for the most part.

Carl

/ Vantrac will offer no Diesel Engines after 2012
Clumber is the link correct my AVG. blocked viewing.
Wouldn't surprise me if all diesel engines are removed from the market. To effecent and long lasting for the modern thinkers.( Design and build to last until warrenty is expired then have to purchase new)
ken

I edited the link. It should work now. Thanks.

/ Vantrac will offer no Diesel Engines after 2012 #5  
The manufacturer of our generators stopped diesel production for a few months until they could get certified diesel engines. So there are appropriate diesels in this HP range.

Ken

/ Vantrac will offer no Diesel Engines after 2012 #6  
So where does Power-trac stand with their Tier iv diesel engine selection?

/ Vantrac will offer no Diesel Engines after 2012 #7  

New Ventrac 4500 Introduction - Extended - YouTube

Actually Ventrac has announced it will have the Kubota D902 engine option by Spring of 2013 or possibly earlier...

/ Vantrac will offer no Diesel Engines after 2012
Actually Ventrac has announced it will have the Kubota D902 engine option by Spring of 2013 or possibly earlier...

Thanks Paul. Where was that announced? I guess they received too much flak from their customers...
Tho the Ventrac video says the third engine offered was a Kubota Gas engine.

/ Vantrac will offer no Diesel Engines after 2012 #9  
Thanks Paul. Where was that announced? I guess they received too much flak from their customers...
Tho the Ventrac video says the third engine offered was a Kubota Gas engine.
A Ventrac 4500 with the D902 is shown in their hill climb competition video...you just have to watch most of it to see it...:)

Ventrac Hill Climb Challenge - YouTube

/ Vantrac will offer no Diesel Engines after 2012 #10  
The EPA probably doesn't know that PT exists.... lol.

Actually I talked to Terry about it this spring, and he said that the diesels meet EPA regulations throughthe next 3 years IIRC.

That video was refreshing...... Ventrac listens to their customers, and continually tries to improve their products. I can't wait for PT to counter with a video showing all the improvements that are coming........ lmao!!