Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    PT425 (Dec 2010)

Default Vantrac will offer no Diesel Engines after 2012

Ventrac announced the 4500 model with 31/32 HP gas/propane engine models. No diesels will be offered after 2012. They claim the engine manufacturers will not be offering the engines currently use by Ventrac. The attached video refers to the fact that new EPA reqs are driving this move.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_TU1rGQ0G8

Anyone car to speculate that Power-Trac will make a similar move? Are kubota or any other big manufactures going in this direction? Are gas engines with EFI/DFI as fuel efficient as diesels now?
    Last edited by Clumber; 08-01-2012 at 12:01 PM.
    I married me a hippy, ran away with a stringy haired blond,
    Now we're both old and happy, fishing on our own Golden Pond. -- Merle Haggard

PT 425 (Dec 2010), Blade, Snow Blower, Sweeper, Spreader, LMB, 4n1, Small Bucket/Teeth, Utility Grapple, Brush Cutter, Box Blade, Mini Hoe/Thumb, Forks, Power Dumper

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4520,

Default Re: Vantrac will offer no Diesel Engines after 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Clumber View Post
    Ventrac announced the 4500 model with 31/32 HP gas/propane engine models. No diesels will be offered after 2012. They claim the engine manufacturers will not be offering the engines currently use by Ventrac. The attached video refers to the fact that new EPA reqs are driving this move.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?...layer_embedded

Anyone car to speculate that Power-Trac will make a similar move? Are kubota or any other big manufactures going in this direction? Are gas engines with EFI/DFI as fuel efficient as diesels now?
    Clumber is the link correct my AVG. blocked viewing.
    Wouldn't surprise me if all diesel engines are removed from the market. To effecent and long lasting for the modern thinkers.( Design and build to last until warrenty is expired then have to purchase new)
    ken

Tractor
    PowerTrac 1850

I feel diesel technology has languished given the advances in gas engines over the years. But if you look at articles like this

Eight Companies Determined to Change Diesel Engines Forever - Diesel Power Magazine

you can see there is a bright future, if enough money becomes available. I see that Honda and other engine makers are putting some serious money into Diesel engines for the India market. Seems diesel is a better choice in that country. To hear Honda getting into the game is exciting.

PT may have to leave Deutz behind, but they have so far been upgrading engines for the most part.

Carl
    Power-Trac 1850, grapple, hoe, 90" mower, 72" box blade

Tractor
    PT425 (Dec 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Clumber is the link correct my AVG. blocked viewing.
    Wouldn't surprise me if all diesel engines are removed from the market. To effecent and long lasting for the modern thinkers.( Design and build to last until warrenty is expired then have to purchase new)
    ken
    I edited the link. It should work now. Thanks.

PT 425 (Dec 2010), Blade, Snow Blower, Sweeper, Spreader, LMB, 4n1, Small Bucket/Teeth, Utility Grapple, Brush Cutter, Box Blade, Mini Hoe/Thumb, Forks, Power Dumper

Tractor
    Power Trac 1850, NH 2120

The manufacturer of our generators stopped diesel production for a few months until they could get certified diesel engines. So there are appropriate diesels in this HP range.

Ken
    PT1850, mini hoe, grapple, stump grinder, brush hog

http://www.usadiscountgenerators.com...T1850Home.html

Tractor
    John Deere

So where does Power-trac stand with their Tier iv diesel engine selection?

Tractor
    John Deere

New Ventrac 4500 Introduction - Extended - YouTube

Actually Ventrac has announced it will have the Kubota D902 engine option by Spring of 2013 or possibly earlier...

Tractor
    PT425 (Dec 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by PaulChristenson View Post
    Actually Ventrac has announced it will have the kubota D902 engine option by Spring of 2013 or possibly earlier...
    Thanks Paul. Where was that announced? I guess they received too much flak from their customers...
    Tho the Ventrac video says the third engine offered was a Kubota Gas engine.

Tractor
    John Deere

Thanks Paul. Where was that announced? I guess they received too much flak from their customers...
    Tho the Ventrac video says the third engine offered was a kubota Gas engine.
    A Ventrac 4500 with the D902 is shown in their hill climb competition video...you just have to watch most of it to see it...

Ventrac Hill Climb Challenge - YouTube

The EPA probably doesn't know that PT exists.... lol.

Actually I talked to Terry about it this spring, and he said that the diesels meet EPA regulations throughthe next 3 years IIRC.

That video was refreshing...... Ventrac listens to their customers, and continually tries to improve their products. I can't wait for PT to counter with a video showing all the improvements that are coming........ lmao!!
    Deere 5520, Deere 450H Dozer, Power Trac PT1460, Ventrac 4231 Turbo Diesel, Deere Z-Track 757, Ferris 3100Z 6 foot deck. Never too many toys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast