Anyone make a grapple out of power tracs fixed pallet forks?

/ Anyone make a grapple out of power tracs fixed pallet forks? #1  

coolconnection

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1723
Pallet forks don't get much use and to me seems like they would work better than using the bucket. Any ideas on designs?

/ Anyone make a grapple out of power tracs fixed pallet forks? #2  
It would be a simple and not too grapply, but I have seen it done with other tractors. I personally prefer more tines and I think you will to. I would rather put a grapple on a bucket.

you can use your pallets for digging trenches...

/ Anyone make a grapple out of power tracs fixed pallet forks? #3  

Attachments

• 1-arm-grapple-pallet-fork.jpg
    1-arm-grapple-pallet-fork.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 348
  • 015c_1.jpg
    015c_1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 221
  • 336grapple1.jpg
    336grapple1.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 260
  • 27702_lg.jpg
    27702_lg.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 213
  • fork-grapple1.jpg
    fork-grapple1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 250
  • log-grapple-loader-forks66.jpg
    log-grapple-loader-forks66.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 319
  • grapple fork.jpg
    grapple fork.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 221
  • grapple12.jpg
    grapple12.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 215
  • Rear corner view1327685750.jpg
    Rear corner view1327685750.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 239
   / Anyone make a grapple out of power tracs fixed pallet forks?
Wow, thanks. This is what I was looking for.

/ Anyone make a grapple out of power tracs fixed pallet forks? #5  
I had a local welder build a quick attach plate and the grapple. I used the hydraulic cylinder from my snow blade. I attached it to an old set of manure forks from another small tractor. The grapple on my fork is heavier than I like. Another option would be to attach it to the large bucket or the pallet forks would work for large stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 325
DHS thanks for the pics. I am thinking something semi-permanent for my pallet forks. Most of the time they just sit there so if I can utilize them for another purpose that would work for me. I like the bucket grapple idea but I use my bucket a lot for other things and I can just see the small trees and limbs just flopping around in there. DHS I hope you don't mind but I might use some of your ideas on my little project.

/ Anyone make a grapple out of power tracs fixed pallet forks? #8  
I used others ideas when I had mine built. My local welder built mine for about $150. It is easily removed with a couple bolts. I have tines on mine for sifting and removing large rocks from my beach. This is the url of what you might be looking for. Looks very much like mine. I have pallet forks and the top of the quick attach plate is not very wide and will require beefing up to attach the grapple but it should work fine.

New bucket Thumb grapple for Skid steer loader tractor | eBay

That said if Power Trac's current grapple had been available when I built mine I probably would have purchased it.

Anyone know what size of hydraulic cylinder will work for a PT 425. PSI and so forth. When I get a final design done I know to look for length of cylinder but what should I look for in shaft diameter. I really have been thinking on this idea lately especially since all these spring storms and I see that I will need to have some of my big trees close to the house topped.

/ Anyone make a grapple out of power tracs fixed pallet forks? #10  
Shaft size should be about 1/2 of bore diameter.