Cooling fan intermittent

/ Cooling fan intermittent #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
So, my cooling fan is about to die I think. Ordered a new one from Amazon. Basically it stopped spinning. Spent a long time making sure it was the fan (checked it last, of course). It is a SPAL 14" low profile.

But of course. I order the new one up (the old one is not spinning) and put the old one back on. Decide to spray it with WD40 and give it a love tap or two with a hammer and it is working like a charm.

/ Cooling fan intermittent #2  
Your problem could have been wiring or temp switch.

I replaced my hyd cooling fan with an auto radiator fan. About $20 to $30.

/ Cooling fan intermittent #4  
I Have had the fuse holders become intermittent. Check this.

/ Cooling fan intermittent #5  
Your problem could have been wiring or temp switch.

I replaced my hyd cooling fan with an auto radiator fan. About $20 to $30.

That's a good price, but the Spal fans on the larger PT's already are Auto radiator fans. I have a feeling that they were not particularly designed to be mounted flat, and may have less life because of it. I have gone through a fan on my 1460, and it only has about 200 hours on it.

I changed the wiring so that the temp switch goes to a starter relay, which then turns on the fan. The temp switches are improperly used on these tractors.

/ Cooling fan intermittent
Meaning you wired a relay into the fan circuit as the temp switch us underrated for the amperage of the fan?

/ Cooling fan intermittent #7  
Meaning you wired a relay into the fan circuit as the temp switch us underrated for the amperage of the fan?

Yep..... It should last forever now....

007.jpg