Buying Advice thanx & advice

/ thanx & advice #12  
There are a number of choices. Mitsubishi Fuso makes a 4x4 Canter that is quite popular as a snow plow itself. It is cabover design, with a low bed height.

For unplowed roads, I think that you would want to have net chains on your trailer to reduce the chances of it jack-knifing. People that I know who drive routinely with trailers in snow always have the trailer tires in chains.

All the best,

Peter

/ thanx & advice #13  
Just a though if money is more important than convenience: Use a 4WD full size pickup and either of the following:

1. small trailer for just the snow blower. This would significantly reduce any trailer issues.

2. use a bed extender. Mine is rated for 500 lbs but I increase safety by ratchet strapping it to tie downs on the bed rail. You would have a couple of options. You could remove the tailgate and load the PT with blower attached and then attach the bed extender to rest the blower on (still attached to the tractor but strapped separately). Or you could span the bed extender and bed with wooden planks. I would be very careful with that, checking the design to make sure everything can handle the shock loads of bumps as well as the temporary loads during loading.

Personally, I would probably pick #1 or purchase PT snow blower attachment(s) to leave at their house(s).

If they are very small driveways, a small self-propelled snow blower might be faster by the time you took into account loading and strapping time.

Ken

/ thanx & advice #14  
How about something like this?
beavertail.jpg
From this website....

NETD - Flatbeds