Tow Valve Access & Wrench

/ Tow Valve Access & Wrench #1  

pt425

Tractor
PowerTrac PT425
Have you had to use your "Tow Valve" ?
If the engine won't crank, she ain't movin' 'til you back-out the 'Tow Valve' nut.
Think i found it.
Told it takes a metric allen wrench - don't know size.
Too crowded to get wrench into head of bolt.
Figure if i knew the correct size i could cut/grind off enough to get it into place.

Any tricks for towing/moving your 425 ?

thanks

2010 PT425 Robin 25hp

/ Tow Valve Access & Wrench #3  
I also have a 2010 PT-425. Below is my thread on the same issue. Look at entries #5, 10 & 11 that may help.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/power-trac/210508-cant-find-bleeding-port.html

Note that I think that its not just a matter of backing-out a nut. You have to loop the two tram manifolds together to bypass the system pump... Remove the caps with a long box end or open face wrench, then connect the supplied hose (should be in the tub). Call Power Trac to verify the procedure.

Also, moving the tractor in bypass mode more than a few feet can cause overheating and could damage stuff like wheel motors. Towing it onto a trailer should be okay. Good Luck!

/ Tow Valve Access & Wrench #4  
On mine, the manual just says to rotate the valve in a counterclockwise direction. But obviously very different machines.

Ken

/ Tow Valve Access & Wrench
drove to the fuel shed, cut it off, and it wouldn't crank.
was preparing to lift it onto a trailer, and neighbor fiddled with engine and got it to crank - but i'm still taking it to Tazwell to let them show me how to do "tow" procedure. Pictures in manual just don't help me.

/ Tow Valve Access & Wrench
thanks for this info

I also have a 2010 PT-425. Below is my thread on the same issue. Look at entries #5, 10 & 11 that may help.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/power-trac/210508-cant-find-bleeding-port.html

Note that I think that its not just a matter of backing-out a nut. You have to loop the two tram manifolds together to bypass the system pump... Remove the caps with a long box end or open face wrench, then connect the supplied hose (should be in the tub). Call Power Trac to verify the procedure.

Also, moving the tractor in bypass mode more than a few feet can cause overheating and could damage stuff like wheel motors. Towing it onto a trailer should be okay. Good Luck!

/ Tow Valve Access & Wrench #10  
The 2010 manual is out of date in several areas. For example, the page describing the bleeding and tow "valves" do not match the actual configuration in the tub. The CAD drawings-- schematics however are accurate. I traced the hoses, etc. to confirm. It is best to call PT, don't trust that manual.