162.8 KB · Views: 98
   / 1850 Pump ideas #12  
Laughs - That is just an upside down Danfoss. See this picture:

Attachments

• IMG_4309.jpg
    IMG_4309.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 94
   / 1850 Pump ideas #13  
Here is a better picture and then a close up of the purge port - you can see other allen plugs but they may be necessary for the manufacture of the pump or maybe some people install gages etc.

Attachments

• FrontEngine_2900.jpg
    FrontEngine_2900.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 113
  • PurgePort_2902.jpg
    PurgePort_2902.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 97
   / 1850 Pump ideas #15  
Laughs - That is just an upside down Danfoss. See this picture:

That's the best picture.
It looks like you have a variable volume tramp pump with a two section PTO pump piggy backed onto it. The one closest to the camera is probably your steering, turning, FEL arms and AUX PTO for the quick attach cylinder. The second section with the larger hoses is probably your main PTO pump. The tram pump is behind that. The silver block to the right is your main PTO solenoid that is controlled by the switch on the dash.

All spculative, of course. :licking:

/ 1850 Pump ideas #16  
You can't feed hydraulic cylinders from the tram pump. You should feed them from the AUX pto circuit.

/ 1850 Pump ideas #17  
Did you get a hydraulic schematic with your 1850?

It should be easy to add remote cylinders on paper.... routing hoses is another matter. :laughing:

/ 1850 Pump ideas
Wow, it is amazing I keep learing things on this website.

The first pump is PTO, the middle is steering and lift,and the one in the back is tram (wheel drive). I was wondering what was under those hex cover caps but from your guys notes it is Tram driven so the fluid coming out would be under control and not like the PTO (constant). A bummer but not a setback.

Back to finding a line to tap into. Pretty cool you guys had the answers and pictures and thanks Ken for posting yours up.

Carl

/ 1850 Pump ideas #19  
Carl,

You might be able to use a setup like mine but Teeing off the aux. pump instead of where I did at the front of the tractor. But I would be concerned about loosing steering. Some sort of priority circuit would need to be setup. There is not much room in the tunnel to run additional lines back to the tub from the front.

/ 1850 Pump ideas #20  
I guess he has to decide how he wants to control the cylinder(s) at the rear of the tractor. I was thinking he could put an electric soleniod selector valve in the FEL circuit. That way with the push of a button he could choose to control either the FEL or the rear hydraulics with the same joystick valve. He would have to run hoses from the front of the tractor from the selector valve to the rear hydraulics through the tunnel and that could be a tight fit. I don't know as I don't have that model tractor. There could be plenty of room in the tunnel. That's the way I would do it if I were going to add rear hydraulics.

If you T'd off of the circuit at the pump you'd still have to install a valve somewhere within reach of the operator and as mentioned, you could lose steering if it weren't some sort of priority valve at the tee.