1850 Pump ideas

/ 1850 Pump ideas
I have been trying to figure out how to do it in 3 ways.. Cheap, Ergonomic, Convenient, and not confusing. Saddly, like any job, One of the three needs to be compromised.

I am thinking about tying into the seat hydraulics. Haven't figured out the control system yet. Sort of have a design for the 3pt hitch. Will call Taswell to see if they have pix of their old design.

Carl

/ 1850 Pump ideas #22  
If I were doing this, I would Tee with priority to steering and use an electric solenoid valve perhaps with flow restrictors at the cylinders. It is much easier to run a few wires through the tunnel versus hoses. Our tunnels are pretty packed although i was able to run a large ground and some power wires through it. Even used a piece of hose to protect them and to be used as a future path for any additional wires.

If desired, you could even make the electric setup 3-way so you could control the hydraulics from the back of the tractor as well. An example would be if you were using a log splitter run by the PT.

Carl, just a thought but if you want this just for running cylinders, get a used 12V hydraulic pump setup taken off of a truck lift. Go for pretty cheap $. Then use 12V switch to turn the pump on and a switch for up or down. Ideally valves would hold the cylinders in place and you use the pump to power it up or down with the appropriate end of the cylinder being vented back to the tank. Even cheaper is pump to raise, then vent and let the weight lower it. But that is not great for pushing steel into the ground.

Ken

/ 1850 Pump ideas #23  
If I were doing this, I would Tee with priority to steering and use an electric solenoid valve perhaps with flow restrictors at the cylinders. It is much easier to run a few wires through the tunnel versus hoses. Our tunnels are pretty packed although i was able to run a large ground and some power wires through it. Even used a piece of hose to protect them and to be used as a future path for any additional wires.

If desired, you could even make the electric setup 3-way so you could control the hydraulics from the back of the tractor as well. An example would be if you were using a log splitter run by the PT.

Carl, just a thought but if you want this just for running cylinders, get a used 12V hydraulic pump setup taken off of a truck lift. Go for pretty cheap $. Then use 12V switch to turn the pump on and a switch for up or down. Ideally valves would hold the cylinders in place and you use the pump to power it up or down with the appropriate end of the cylinder being vented back to the tank. Even cheaper is pump to raise, then vent and let the weight lower it. But that is not great for pushing steel into the ground.

Ken

Well now you're trying to keep it simple.... that's crazy talk!

:laughing:

/ 1850 Pump ideas #24  
How responsive are electric controls VS a hand operated joystick? I suppose flow restrictors would limit them from slamming up or down.

/ 1850 Pump ideas #25  
You could run a parallel circuit off the PTO of your machine to the back. If nothing is plugged in, the fluid is returned to tank. The PTO valve is a solenoid valve, with on/off switch, and a two position valve would switch the flow between the front and back. Just route the fluid to a two spool lever valve for the back hyd which may provide you with float, detent, or motor spool., etc.

You could also use a splitter or priority valve like this. You choose a valve with the priority flow you desire and the rest goes to the other circuit or tank.

Surplus Center - 5/30 GPM PRINCE PRIORITY FLOW DIVIDER W/RELIEF

This valve has a priority flow or controlled flow of 5 GPM, so if your GPM input was 20 GPM, 15 GPM would go to excess flow port.

/ 1850 Pump ideas #26  
You could run a parallel circuit off the PTO of your machine to the back. If nothing is plugged in, the fluid is returned to tank. The PTO valve is a solenoid valve, with on/off switch, and a two position valve would switch the flow between the front and back. Just route the fluid to a two spool lever valve for the back hyd which may provide you with float, detent, or motor spool., etc.

You could also use a splitter or priority valve like this. You choose a valve with the priority flow you desire and the rest goes to the other circuit or tank.

Surplus Center - 5/30 GPM PRINCE PRIORITY FLOW DIVIDER W/RELIEF

This valve has a priority flow or controlled flow of 5 GPM, so if your GPM input was 20 GPM, 15 GPM would go to excess flow port.

I think the only drawback of that setup would be you could not control the valves from the operators position. If you just wanted to feed something like a log splitter that would be O.K. But if you wanted to raise and lower implements while driving, the PTO circuit might not be the way to go.

/ 1850 Pump ideas #27  
Why would you not want a two spool valve to raise lower, and tilt the attachment.

The PTO circuit would be on and fluid flowing to the two spool valve, maybe located to the left of the steering wheel to control rear attachments.

I see no disadvantage at all.

/ 1850 Pump ideas #28  
Why would you not want a two spool valve to raise lower, and tilt the attachment.

The PTO circuit would be on and fluid flowing to the two spool valve, maybe located to the left of the steering wheel to control rear attachments.

I see no disadvantage at all.

I think that would be a great idea, however, according to several owners, there isn't enough room to fit the additional hoses through the tunnel.

/ 1850 Pump ideas #29  
There might be room to squeeze two 1/4" - 3/8" hoses. I was able to squeeze in a small garden hose which i use as an electrical conduit through the tunnel.

Ken

/ 1850 Pump ideas #30  
There might be room to squeeze two 1/4" - 3/8" hoses. I was able to squeeze in a small garden hose which i use as an electrical conduit through the tunnel.

Ken

Let's pretend you have enough room and see what it takes.

If it were me, and I wanted to run one cylinder at the rear of the tractor using the joystick as my control, I would install an electric solenoid diverter valve in the curl/dump circuit for the bucket somewhere on the front of the tractor.
I'd feed it with the two lines that currently feed the dump curl circuit.
One output of the diverter valve would continue to fee the dump/curl circuit.
The second output of the diverter valve would feed the cylinder at the rear of the tractor.
That would only require two hoses to be run to the rear of the tractor through the tunnel.

If you want to control more than one cylinder, you can get electric solenoid diverter valves that can be stacked to control as many circuits as you need.
You will have to run two hoses for each cylinder that you want to control.