1850 Pump ideas

/ 1850 Pump ideas #31  
You then mount the electric control button on your joystick.
Flick it one way and it controls the dump/curl.
Flick it the other way and it controls the rear cylinder with the same joystick motions as the dump/curl.

Or, you could use a momentary pushbutton switch or a push once/push again switch.
I've seen joystick handles with several buttons for controlling multiple circuits.

/ 1850 Pump ideas #32  
Or just run one pressure hose through the trunk and some electric lines for any additional circuits besides the first cylinder. Then run a line from them back to the tank. But for just controlling a couple of cylinders, I still like the idea of installing a used 12V pump from a truck lift gate. I paid $50 for one. Or installing a priority valve at the pump, giving priority to the steering. I think I like that idea even better than the 12v pump.

There is much more room to mount things in the rear tub and you do not have to pay for all of that hose either.

Ken

/ 1850 Pump ideas #33  
I don't know where you would tap off a pressure hose from the front.

On mine the pressure hose comes from the pump.
Pump to steering valve.
Steering valve power beyond port to joystick/aux PTO valve.
Joystick/aux PTO valve low pressure back to the tank.
If the joystick/aux PTO valve has a power beyond port, you could tap off of that to feed the rear circuits.
If not, I don't know where you would tap it.

It is looking like the priority valve right off the pump splitting to two circuits with priority to the front is a good way to go. However, there are some issues running hydraulics over wire in a simple manner like we are talking about.

For one, it is either off or on. So you have no ability to feather the controls. You can limit response speed with orifice restriction and engine speed, but if you need to do fine movement, you will have to restrict it down so far that you will never get fast movement out of the circuit.

Unless you purchase some very expensive electric valves and controls, which could be costly.

What are you planning to run behind the tractor, anyway? I forgot. :laughing:

/ 1850 Pump ideas #34  
If you have the money, proportional hyd valves is the way to go.

Split a circuit off the pump and control by a variable voltage source, using a couple of wires through the tunnel.

Just what attachment are you planning for the back, visibility is minimum.

Maybe a camera looking at the 3pt.

/ 1850 Pump ideas #35  
   / 1850 Pump ideas #36  
If going that route, he could add the additional circuits like I did mine using selector valves to select the new circuit or the existing tilt etc circuits. Then he could still use his existing joystick for controlling both.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/power-trac/221220-added-additional-hydraulic-circuits-pt1850.html

Ken
That's what I was thinking, too, but it would require running multiple hoses to the rear and there's apparently a premium on space in the tunnel.

/ 1850 Pump ideas #37  
Last edited:
   / 1850 Pump ideas #38  
Yes, but as I mentioned before, you can't feather those solenoid valves. They are either on or off. They can't do precision movements, if you need that kind of thing.

/ 1850 Pump ideas #39  
Well then he has these options .

Either run a set of hoses to the back through the tunnel, using a diverter valve up front.

Use solenoid valves.

Use proportional solenoid valves.

Simple 3pt uses one cyl, and two arms, but could use two cyl, with one spool valve.

/ 1850 Pump ideas #40  
Is the PT strong enough to support a three point hitch on the back? I just had to ask.