1850 Pump ideas

/ 1850 Pump ideas #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
So probably to JJ on this, but.... I am wondering, as there are all of these ports on my 1850 pumps that are not used and look to be plugged, if I could tap into them and power a rear hydraulic cylinder or some such thing... Not needing to run PTO. Not wanting to tap into the front controls.

Any thoughts on this bad idea?

/ 1850 Pump ideas #2  
I would think that you'd probably want to tap into the same circuit that your joystick runs to power a rear hydraulic cylinder (or two).

/ 1850 Pump ideas #3  
Some pumps are setup to have a piggyback pump on the main pump for other hyd circuits.

You should be able to set up just about any hyd circuit to split the hyd path and run two separate attachments. My steering has a priority circuit and uses all the pump flow for steering, and when finished steering, the loader get all the pump fluid.

A pump outlet can be switched for different circuits, IE , a splitter or diverter.

A set of remotes can be added to add more circuits.

/ 1850 Pump ideas #4  
Woodlandfarms,
I don't know how yours is set up, but mine has the variable volume tram pump and a two section PTO pump. The tram pump only provides movement.

The two section PTO pump has one section that provides (as best I recall) 4GPM for the steering, loader and AUX PTO (the quick attach circuit). The second section is the main PTO and provides 8GPM to run attachments.

I think you need to identify your pumps, what they feed and what the plugged ports can do first. Then someone can come up with a circuit design for you.

Or you can call Terry at Power Trac and ask him how they plumbed the 3pt hitch or the backhoe on other units. He might shed some light on the way they did it. Could save you some work.

/ 1850 Pump ideas
I guess what I was getting at is that on each pump, there are a whole bunch of outlets (inlets?) plugged up. Now maybe this is service, or maybe sensor, or maybe a spot to plumb some additional hoses. I guess I need to figure out what kind of pumps I have and DL a manual.

/ 1850 Pump ideas #6  
Carl,

What is the model number and manufacturer of your pump?

Can you show some pics of the pump.

I doubt they left some extra ports. However, sometimes they put two sets on input ports and output ports for convenience.

/ 1850 Pump ideas
Next week I can get some pix. No idea of manufacturer and have not seen any identifying marks. Any idea where to look?

/ 1850 Pump ideas #9  
Here is a picture of part of the pumps.

Ken

Attachments

• IMG_2616-small.jpg
    IMG_2616-small.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 124
   / 1850 Pump ideas #10  
That looks like the steering mechanism on top of the tramp pump, but I could very well be mistaken.