Mowing 60 inch mower blades no longer made.

/ 60 inch mower blades no longer made. #1  

coolconnection

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1723
Well just getting my attachments put away and ready for next spring and took off the mower blades on my 60" deck for the pt 425 to sharpen and found that this was probably the last year for them. I am kind of hard on them, I mow sticks and other debris thats in my way. Well I looked up the blade number - Oregon 90-125 and went to their web site and guess what they are no longer made. I even wrote them and they wrote back, "We do not have a direct replacement for the 90-125." So if you need a new blade and use this type you can find some on eBay and I am going to purchase some otherwise it might be difficult later on to find anything. This blade number has a 5/8 inch drop in them and works well for me and it also came on the deck. What I wanted was some Gator blades for my deck so if anyone knows where I can find some suitable for my deck I would be grateful. Just thought you might like to know.

/ 60 inch mower blades no longer made.
Thank frischtr, I checked that sight out and that is a really good price for these.

/ 60 inch mower blades no longer made. #5  
Resurrecting old thread :)
I have a 520XI (1999) with a 60" deck and in need of good blades for this season. The ones on there now (3 of them) are 20.25" long and about 3" wide. Can I go shorter/narrower than what is on there?
Any advice for this machine? I use side discharge so mulching blades would be nice. Thanks again!

Semper Fi

/ 60 inch mower blades no longer made. #6  
Most blades are designed to overlap .

If you go short on the blade length, you might leave sprigs/rows, etc.

/ 60 inch mower blades no longer made. #7  
If you really need a set, the center hole diameter is the most important aspect. .you can always grind a little off the length to make the very common 20.5" fit, then rebalance the blade. .hopefully it's a common size like 1/2" or 5/8" center hole..

/ 60 inch mower blades no longer made. #8  
Resurrecting old thread :)
I have a 520XI (1999) with a 60" deck and in need of good blades for this season. The ones on there now (3 of them) are 20.25" long and about 3" wide. Can I go shorter/narrower than what is on there?
Any advice for this machine? I use side discharge so mulching blades would be nice. Thanks again!

Semper Fi
This is the Power Trac forum... You might be better off posting this in a more brand-specific forum suited to your machine.

/ 60 inch mower blades no longer made. #9  
I just bought 6 of these, and they are indeed have the same lift/blade profile and the correct size hole. The only thing is you have to cut off about 1/8" off each end or they will hit each other. To do this I paired a new and an old blade together with the bolt running through both to align them, then clamped in the vise before cutting off the excess using an angle grinder with metal cutoff disk. Then removed from vise then used my stationary grinder to balance (I use that little balancing cone thing).

I have several sets of these: 21" X 3/8" hole Offset Universal Blade | Lawn Mower Parts | MFG Supply

Not Oregon, but a direct replacement. They work great...

/ 60 inch mower blades no longer made. #10  
Little balancing cone thing?

Got a picture?

Thanks!

Peter