Sandy clean up

/ Sandy clean up #1  

3238dpw

Gold Member
Tractor
Power Trac 425, C-121 Wheel Horse, 2 Exmark 60 inch zero turn mowers
I thought you guys would like to see some of the storm clean up pics I took. It was all trees down at a customers house . No damage to the house. The first and last were before. The second was an after and the rest are pictures of the pile along the road. I tried to give a sence of size of the pile. There was a lot more damage than the pictures show. There was stuff down all over the property
before3.jpgafter3.jpgpile1.jpgpile5.jpgpile4.jpgpile3.jpgbefore4.jpg

/ Sandy clean up #3  
Its pretty amazing what tasks these "little" machines can tackle. :thumbsup:

/ Sandy clean up #4  
I have a lot of attachments, including a grapple bucket but not a 4 in 1 bucket. Man I bet that is one handy attachment.

/ Sandy clean up
I like it a lot. Some guys seam to like the grapple bucket more and I can understand why. It will defiantly pick up more brush but I think it wouldn't be as bad on a bigger model as the brush piles are hard to get in there due to the size of the opening. I spent a lot of years (15) using 4 in 1 buckets so I have learned a lot of tricks to make them work when picking up brush so it isn't so bad. But there isn't anything as versatile as a 4 in 1. When you have dirt on a hard surface like a driveway you can pick up most if not all of it with a 4 in 1 bucket. No shovel required! I am really glad I got it.

/ Sandy clean up #6  
Yes a 4 in 1 is on my list. When you get time maybe you could share some more of those tricks and how you do that one. I might want to get that thing sooner rather than later.

/ Sandy clean up
To pick up dirt on a hard surface like asphalt, you sort of grab the soil. Open the bucket and push into the pile with the bulldozer blade. If you are picking up the last of it, rotate the bucket forward(move stick to right) over the pile until the other side of the opening touches the ground. Now both cutting edges of the opening, not the main cutting edges of the bucket like on a regular bucket, are on the ground. Next move stick forward and lift front wheels off of the ground (you need this to keep the bulldozer cutting edge on the ground). I lift the front wheels all the way up. Now the part that takes practice. I put my right hand on the aux lever and reach across with my left to grab the main stick. Start closing the 4 in 1 bucket. With practice you will see when to roll the bucket back with your left hand at the same time. It will take time to learn. You mush adjust the speeds of both but is not that hard to master. It becomes second nature. Continue until the bucket is closed. There might be a small line of dirt if done correctly. Just use a broom or blower. I will someday try to make a video of this for you guys. I just don't know when

/ Sandy clean up
One more thing. The goal is to keep both cutting edges on the ground during the whole sequence. I hope this is clear.

/ Sandy clean up #9  
Yes I think I get the picture but I will look forward to the video when you get the chance. Another thing I thought about the 4 in 1 over the standard bucket is that you could unload a bucket of dirt or whatever to a much higher place. Many a time I could have used that capability.

/ Sandy clean up
Wll maybe I don't need to make a video. Someone did it for me. He uses a slight variation. He starts on the far side of the pile. I like to plow into the pile to help gather it. He aso uses float which will work, but I find as you are using the main joystick to roll the bucket back you tend to knock it out of float, so the sure way is to lift th front wheels in the air. It gives the added benefit of preasure on what ever you are trying to pick up. More important with a small machine and gangly things like brush. It is important to be carefu with this especially when it is hot on asphalt. It can damage your perfectly sealed driveway in a hurry.

Four-in-one bucket operation on Kioti CK30 tractor - YouTube

Four-in-one.AVI - YouTube