Can big guys "fit in" the Power Trac world?

/ Can big guys "fit in" the Power Trac world? #1  

Caddyshack

Tractor
Gravely l
Can big guys \"fit in\" the Power Trac world?

Hey everyone. Newbie here - long time lurker but new poster. I have what might seem like a silly question.

Recently purchased home with 5 acres and started looking at tractor purchases in earnest. I passed over the Power Tracs at first glance because I was looking for a 'real' tractor and started with Kubota, Deere and New Hollands.

I found the error of my ways /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif when I found a link to MossRoad's web site and watched some of his videos - Thank you for a great site by the way! I came back here and read almost all of the posts in this forum over the last 3 days but I can't find an answer to a question so here I am leaving lurker mode and making my first post. Please be gentle!

Its kind of a sensitive question but can a big guy fit into a PT? MossRoad's videos seem to indicate that the operator's compartment of a PT 425 is rather tiny. I know the seat belt isn't an issue /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif but can a 330 lb, 6' 1" fellow with size 13 feet fit into the PT? Are any of the larger models more husky compatiable? Will my operator weight compromise the articulated design?

Now I know that moving from a 1/10 acre lot in the city to a 5 acre home in the country will go a long ways towards helping me 'reduce' /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif this problem but into that happens, I need some super tools to help me manage and PT seems like the ticket.

I suppose I will take a trip to VA when I'm ready for a final purchasing decision but I don't want to spend the next few weeks with PT dreams only to find I can't fit into them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Caddyshack

/ Can big guys "fit in" the Power Trac world? #2  
Re: Can big guys \"fit in\" the Power Trac world?

Caddyshack,
I am 6'2" about 210 pounds with size 12 shoe and I have no problem with my 422 tractor. What part of western Pa. ? There are at least 6 power trac owners in W. Pa. that I know of , I'm sure someone close to you would give you a test drive . I am located near Ligonier, Pa.

/ Can big guys "fit in" the Power Trac world? #3  

6' tall, 205 pounds, size 13 shoe, 34" inseam... fits me well. Have had a little trouble with large winter boots and the reverse pedal, but nothing that is annoying.

/ Can big guys "fit in" the Power Trac world?

Guess I really need to see them up close to find out if comfortable. Thanks guys.

Ernemats: I live in the Greensburg area and would like to see one up close if any of the Western PA folks would be willing to show off their PT.

Caddyshack

/ Can big guys "fit in" the Power Trac world? #5  

i live half way between new alex and blairsville on rt.982. it doesn't get much closer. come out and mow some grass. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif in fact i'm home all evening, wife had to go to work /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Can big guys "fit in" the Power Trac world? #6  

Caddyshack:
I'm located 9 miles north of Ligonier on route 711 your welcome to try mine out also.

/ Can big guys "fit in" the Power Trac world?

I read the PT owners were a special breed - this shows it again. I'll be in touch this week.

Ernemats, I was just up in your neck of the woods yesterday - having a great lunch at Ruthie's diner on Rt 30.

Thanks guys.

/ Can big guys "fit in" the Power Trac world? #8  

Well, I know this is later, but i am 6'3", 255 lbs and wear a size 14 shoe.

I have no problems with my 425.

/ Can big guys "fit in" the Power Trac world? #9  

hi caddy , well im your size as well i was 330 and 6'1'' with 12 1/2 foot and i have no problems with my 425 .....actually the extra weight works as a plus lol any how it a good fit for us big guys as well im no down to 310 but at 330 it wasnt a problem at all and trust me the nelt is big enough for any one i have ever met and then some

/ Can big guys "fit in" the Power Trac world? #10  

opppss i had my eyes dialated today and boy i cant type at all ......................thats my story and im sticking to it /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif