Tractor
pt 425, JI Case, Gravely Comm.10A
found this on the web looks like a pt but with a forklift mast

Attachments

• HummerbeeBrochurePage3.jpg
    HummerbeeBrochurePage3.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 377
   / power-trac fraternal twin #2  
When I bought my pt they had one at the pt factory that they had took the loader arms off and replaced it with a forklift mast. It was an older model, I don't know if they still have it or not but they were using it.

/ power-trac fraternal twin #3  
If it looked like it was a PT14XX monster, it was still there and in active use when I toured. Terry said something about that they use it to move steel and units around during production. They had a number of one offs around the factory. The tour was worth it to see those alone.

The mining equipment lifts something on the order of 5 tons.

All the best,

Peter

When I bought my pt they had one at the pt factory that they had took the loader arms off and replaced it with a forklift mast. It was an older model, I don't know if they still have it or not but they were using it.

/ power-trac fraternal twin #4  
I don't think it is made by Power Trac for a few reasons.

1. Dana axles. PT uses hydraulic drive motors on each wheel.
2. Drive shaft between front and rear sections. See above comment about hydraulic drive motors.
3. Square tubing on ROPS. All the PTs I have seen have round ROPS tubing, although I have to admit I never looked close at the larger units.
4. Kubota engine. PT has put other engines in older units besides Deutz, but not since at least 2001 when I bought my Kohler.

/ power-trac fraternal twin #6  
Cool. Apparently developed for bee keepers, hence, the hummerbee name. I thought that's what it said on the white one in the picture but thought I was nuts. :laughing:

/ power-trac fraternal twin #7  

2. Drive shaft between front and rear sections. See above comment about hydraulic drive motors.
3. Square tubing on ROPS. All the PTs I have seen have round ROPS tubing, although I have to admit I never looked close at the larger units.
4. Kubota engine. PT has put other engines in older units besides Deutz, but not since at least 2001 when I bought my Kohler.

I was wonder about the Dana axles as well. Nice looking machine. :)

/ power-trac fraternal twin #8  

I knew that the one in the op's post wasn't a pt, or didn't believe it was, I was just commenting that pt had modified one of theirs to a fork lift. I should have explained better if you were referring to my post. The man that I talked to said that it would lift more that way than with the loader arms.