Hydraulic cooler fell off...

/ Hydraulic cooler fell off... #1  

ponytug

Tractor
Power Trac PT1445
As I was looking under the hood today, I realized that the hydraulic oil cooler had fallen off the engine cover on my 1445.

After some exploration, the cause was that the bolts for the rubber mounts had loosened. Finally, the retaining strap broke on one side, dropping the cooler on to the engine. Fortunately, I found it within a few hours of it happening.

Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone replaced the rubber mounts and "Tee"nuts?

I couldn't seem to find any other posts on the issue.

Is this a tighten every 100 hours item?

Thanks!

All the best,

Peter

/ Hydraulic cooler fell off... #2  
Blue LockTite might be your answer... I've had great success with it for threads that shake, and also need to be protected from seizing/corroding.

Cheers,

/ Hydraulic cooler fell off... #3  
It is odd what shakes off these machines. I lost a motor mount, a wheel, lights, a front electic cover, a mower spool.

/ Hydraulic cooler fell off... #4  
Ponytug:

I have not had any problem and have never checked/tightened those fasteners--but I will check them now after your experience.

/ Hydraulic cooler fell off...
Thanks folks. It really helps to have the feedback.

I'm definitely doing the threadlocker. You basically have to as they don't have a hard stop. If you over tighten the bolt, it threads itself into the oil cooler.

All the best,

Peter

Mine uses locknuts
Thanks Carl!

Hmmm. I'll look, but I think on the 1445 that I have, there isn't room for locknuts on the bolts. The cooler is held on by six rubber wedges in the first layer of two layers of offset hydraulic tubes, and the second layer limits the length of the bolt that can protrude from the rubber wedge.

It sounds as if you have a different style cooler.

All the best,

Peter

/ Hydraulic cooler fell off... #8  
I can't get a picture until for a few weeks but I will. And I may be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

Of course, it is possible that all six locknuts fell off....

I have a call into PowerTrac.

All the best,

Peter
I can't get a picture until for a few weeks but I will. And I may be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

/ Hydraulic cooler fell off... #10  
Peter,

My install has nylon insert locknuts for the fasteners coming through the hood. But I am not sure those are the fasteners you are referring to.

Can you post a picture of the part(s) that failed?

By the way--I did inspect the install on mine and everything appeared tight with a solid mount.