Flail or Mulcher mower head?

/ Flail or Mulcher mower head? #1  

Rip

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota F-2880 & F-3680
Have not been on the site much lately, but wonder if anyone used the PT Flail mower on 1845 or -50? Or any flail or mulcher-mower on any PT for that matter??

Cheers, Rip

/ Flail or Mulcher mower head? #2  
I have a 72 flail mower that I use on my 1445.

Is there a particular question.

/ Flail or Mulcher mower head?
Hi J J,

Do you have the PT flail mower or did you adapt something else? How well does it work for you?

I have an 1845 in Colorado with all the mountain, tree and snow tools, but are relocating to where I have serious grass to deal with instead. Love the PT, but not sure if I want to go to all the effort to sell the bits & pieces I won't need, move the rest and buy a flail for it......but it is a possibility.

Notice you also have a full-size Kubota.......one of my other options for grass is a used ex-municipal 2009 Kubota 4wd F-2880 with 60" deck......may be good enough as is to do all my 4 acres of grass or can be fitted with a flail for the real rough stuff.....should handle the slopes here also.

If I got the F2880, would be looking to buy or make a front carry-all to replace the mower deck just to move stuff around.....you seen something along those lines??

Cheers, Rip

Last edited:
   / Flail or Mulcher mower head? #4  
I have the PT flail. I only have about 13 GPM on my PTO. You probably have more, which would give the flail rotor a faster speed.

I did make an adapter to connect it to my Case 1845c skidsteer which has more GPM's

Remove the deck F2880 and make or modify something like this.

http://www.lulusoso.com/products/Used-Forklift-Hydraulic-Stacker.html

Attachments

• Forklift_MOFFETT_MOUNTY_diesel_hydraulic_1_5.jpg
    Forklift_MOFFETT_MOUNTY_diesel_hydraulic_1_5.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
   / Flail or Mulcher mower head?
Thanks for the info on your flail......my 1845 is only about 15 GPM, but PT lists it as being compatible. Guess you are satisfied enough with how the flail itself works though.

As for the Kubota F2880 (just like the current F3080), I have looked more at the JohnnyBucket and could rig up something like it with a used bucket of similar size.....could rig up some small forks also......would not need to handle full-size forks or pallets.