Steiner / Ventrac attachments quick plate?

/ Steiner / Ventrac attachments quick plate? #1  

Frank Sorbello

Gold Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT-422
Was wondering if any Power Trac owner has ever made a quick attach plate that adapts to Steiner and Ventrac attachments, or if it is even possible.

/ Steiner / Ventrac attachments quick plate? #2  
I had my Steiner tractor stolen and was left with my leaf blower. I converted it to a quick attach plate by cutting off the steiner stuff. I pulled off the pulley and replaced with a hydraulic motor. Steiner and Ventrac stuff is all (belt) pulley powered while Power trac is hydraulic so unless you have something that don't need to be powered by a belt it could work ok. I always wondered what if the mower deck could be converted to a hydraulic system if it would work well or be to underpowered for a side discharge. What attachments are you thinking of for a power trac. Steiner used to have loads of attachments but it looks like they got rid of some but Ventrac has quite a few.

/ Steiner / Ventrac attachments quick plate?
I have a power rake. pallet mover and power blade that I would like to use with my 422.

/ Steiner / Ventrac attachments quick plate? #4  
I looked up your items and on the power rake you will have to replace the gear box with a hydraulic motor and have it hooked up to the PTO and the leveler should just hook up the your auxiliary PTO. I think you could do the pallet mover but I feel you would be better served to just sell them at a good price and buy power trac forks with the money. You can convert the blade but it would take some cutting or some fabricating to make it doable. You will probably will have to cut off the steiner attachment forks and weld on a power trac quick attach plate in their place. That is what I did to my leaf blower. I have some pictures of it here on tractor by net along with 2 videos. If your handy at welding make your own quick attach plate. I did this for my samurai sickle bar I use on my Power trac. I am not a good welder but it holds together just fine.

/ Steiner / Ventrac attachments quick plate? #5  
Cool connection, You haven't posted pics of the sickle yet. I would love to see this. While you are at it any other attachments you have. You seem like the kind of guy who makes a lot of his own attachments.

/ Steiner / Ventrac attachments quick plate? #6  
I know and I hope to get around to it sometime. I like to design, this is what I do for my job. I design knives and hand tools.

/ Steiner / Ventrac attachments quick plate?
$_57.JPG

You think a quick attach plate could be modified to accept steiner and ventrac attachments?

/ Steiner / Ventrac attachments quick plate? #8  
Yes I think you could but I think they would stick out a little futher than some of power tracs but it depends on the attachment. Belt driven attachments will be a challenge to figure out on their connections.

/ Steiner / Ventrac attachments quick plate? #9  
Pt is a pretty crappy machine for pushing when in float mode which I think you would want for a snow blade?

Mabe creat a rig where the lower arms connect directly to the body and the pt lift arm acts as a top link?

Hmmmmmmmmm. May rethink my landplane design

/ Steiner / Ventrac attachments quick plate? #10  
Pt is a pretty crappy machine for pushing when in float mode which I think you would want for a snow blade?

Mabe creat a rig where the lower arms connect directly to the body and the pt lift arm acts as a top link?

Hmmmmmmmmm. May rethink my landplane design
The PT snow plow pushes just fine on pavement and the plow has wheels that work great on gravel and grass.