Buying Advice Used PT 425 (or 422) for sale near Washington State?

/ Used PT 425 (or 422) for sale near Washington State? #1  

bspeta525

Tractor
NA
New to the forum but looking for a used PT, preferably 425 but could go for the 422 (or similar). All the stuff on PT's used page looks to be east of the Mississippi and not sure how I'd get it shipped to the Seattle area. Any advice on shipping or anyone know of a used unit near Seattle? I'm looking mainly for the FEL bucket and mini-hoe. Could use the box blade and possibly a trencher too if the price is right. Hoping to stay near or under $10,000 but can go higher for the right equipment.

Thanks!

/ Used PT 425 (or 422) for sale near Washington State? #2  
Look for a link in this group for a list of owners by state. You might send out a few emails to owners in the area. You can always come down and play on the 1850 but it will really distort you view.

/ Used PT 425 (or 422) for sale near Washington State? #3  
If shipping is the issue, you can try try uship.com However, you will have to figure out how to get the accessories banded on to pallets.

On the other hand, you probably want to kick the tires. If you are already there, it may close to cost effective to rent a truck and drive it home.

All the best,

Peter

/ Used PT 425 (or 422) for sale near Washington State? #4  
Only a fool would buy one sight unseen. Wait a minute, I did that. Rereads my first sentence. It fits. :)

Just joking because i had never seen a PT when i bought mine sight unseen. Best tractor purchase I have ever made and I am saying that having been very happy with my previous tractor purchases. But the best tractor is the one you will use the most and the PT is that tractor for me.

I owe a big thanks to the people in this forum, especially MossRoad. I read literally all of the posts in the forum before I decided to start searching for a used PT.

It is true with things like cameras too. The best camera is the one you will bother to carry with you. Does no good to have a great camera at home and decide that it is not worth lugging around.

Ken

/ Used PT 425 (or 422) for sale near Washington State? #5  
I was on the fence about purchasing, but was fortunate to come across a landscaper using one here in my town. He let me check it out. I was sold. Haven't regretted the purchase one bit in 12 years. :thumbsup:

/ Used PT 425 (or 422) for sale near Washington State? #6  
Only a fool would buy one sight unseen. Wait a minute, I did that. Rereads my first sentence. It fits. :)

Just joking because i had never seen a PT when i bought mine sight unseen. Best tractor purchase I have ever made and I am saying that having been very happy with my previous tractor purchases. But the best tractor is the one you will use the most and the PT is that tractor for me.

I owe a big thanks to the people in this forum, especially MossRoad. I read literally all of the posts in the forum before I decided to start searching for a used PT.

It is true with things like cameras too. The best camera is the one you will bother to carry with you. Does no good to have a great camera at home and decide that it is not worth lugging around.

Ken
Ken, been thinking about selling my 425 and upgrading to a 1850. Just wondering how you like that knuckle boom, and if any of you big rig guys have ever looked into rigging a flail mower into a boom configuration like they use to mow road ROW's. Seems like you could do it with a counterweight similar to your knuckle boom. Didn't mean to interrupt the thread bspeta525 but if you figure out a shipping method, I might be selling.

/ Used PT 425 (or 422) for sale near Washington State? #7  
I never used the knuckle boom mower and just sold it this past fall. I had wanted to do some commercial mowing but work became insane right after i bought my PT.

Ken

/ Used PT 425 (or 422) for sale near Washington State? #8  
Know what you mean. Do you have any of the same bugs that the smaller PT's are famous for?

/ Used PT 425 (or 422) for sale near Washington State? #9  
So far, I have been lucky enough to be able to do all of my own repairs. The selector valve I end up tearing apart every year or so and cleaning (supposedly, you can not do this but so far I have been successful). Nine months go buy without me using the PTO so it gets gummed up. I probably should hook up a loop between the two quick disconnects and cycle it every month. Changing the hydraulic filter is the biggest pain - For whatever reason, I have a hard time getting a good seal. I wish the tractor could lift more than 1200 lbs. and my diesel exhaust stinks more than I would like. But I have been using the PT like crazy these past few weeks. My trails are rough and I am quite glad that I added the low height suspension seat.

Ken