Anybody making a purchase from Tazewell this spring?

/ Anybody making a purchase from Tazewell this spring? #1  

MuncyBob

Platinum Member
Tractor
PT 422
Probably will be picking up the light material bucket for my 422 in May...shipping cost is almost as much as the bucket itself! Was wondering if there is anybody out there having delivery from Power Trac that maybe we could use the same carrier and perhaps save some $$ on shipping? We live near Williamsport, Pa. but I would be willing to travel 60 miles or so to pick up the bucket...not sure I would trust my old pick up any farther than that. I started an aution on U-Ship but so far bids are pretty much inline with PT's quote of $300. BTW, they are having a 5% discount on accessory purchases currently.

/ Anybody making a purchase from Tazewell this spring? #2  
Have you considered getting a different bucket and modifying it? All you need is the adapter plate. Maybe something local around you?

/ Anybody making a purchase from Tazewell this spring?
I may do that...$750 for that bucket is a bit steep!

/ Anybody making a purchase from Tazewell this spring? #4  
The LMB for a 422 might be rigged from a half of a metal 50 gallon can. A little bracing on the back and bottom, maybe a piece of 1/8 X 1.5 for a front lip and I think you would be way under $200 all in.

/ Anybody making a purchase from Tazewell this spring? #5  
2013-04-19 22.34.25.jpg2013-04-19 22.34.50.jpg2013-04-19 22.37.29.jpgI wanted a bucket for my 1845 and was going to purchase one from Power Trac but like you said the cost of shipping was high, so I looked around on ebay and craigs list and local farm equipment dealers and I found this 5 foot bucket that fit my needs. I managed to get it for $250from a dealer in Marion Center as they had some that had been in their yard for several years and they wanted to get rid of them. It was a bit rusty but solid. I then made a modification to it so I could use a quick attach plate I had for my 422 , so now I can use it on either my 422 or my 1845. Check with your local dealers for buckets .

/ Anybody making a purchase from Tazewell this spring? #6  
View attachment 313954View attachment 313955View attachment 313956I wanted a bucket for my 1845 and was going to purchase one from Power Trac but like you said the cost of shipping was high, so I looked around on ebay and craigs list and local farm equipment dealers and I found this 5 foot bucket that fit my needs. I managed to get it for $250from a dealer in Marion Center as they had some that had been in their yard for several years and they wanted to get rid of them. It was a bit rusty but solid. I then made a modification to it so I could use a quick attach plate I had for my 422 , so now I can use it on either my 422 or my 1845. Check with your local dealers for buckets .
Nice job and good buy. Looks like that one should fit the bill.

I visited a local used farm eqp. dealer and found a rusty 4' bucket that will serve the purpose...$150. Another $175 + shipping for the quick attach plate from PT and I'm in business. The bucket is very rusted but seems solid enough to move mulch and sawdust/manure which are gonna be it's major jobs. Rock bucket will serve for more heavy objects or moving rock/dirt. I plan to pick up some more of a product called "Rust Bullet" that I have used successfully on rusted metal roof panels and I will paint the rusted bucket to make her purdy again. Still would rather have the lmb from PT and looking back I wish I had picked it up with the original tractor purchase.

/ Anybody making a purchase from Tazewell this spring? #8  
You should have you QA made locally. Show it to a metal guy and he will have one for you for half that price at least. Its not that I don't want to give Tazwell money, but save it for things you can't get, like wheel motors and such.

Didn't somebody here post a thread with the exact dimensions of the plate that was used to fab one?

I had a QA plate made for me at about $100. Heavy duty too, 1/4" steel...did a nice job. Picked up a 4' bucket from a local farm parts dealer and had the QA welded on. Tried to use the bucket last night on a pile of fairly wet manure....poor little 422 had a really hard time pushing this heavy bucket into the pile...a shame because the bucket would get the job done in a fraction of the time that the rock bucket would. So I'm off to the dealer to see if he has a lighter bucket and the have the QA plate taken off :(