New 425

/ New 425 #1  

marrt

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1845 and 425
Take a look at the attached picture of the engine cover on the new 425. It looks different than my engine cover. And, what is the item visible in the engine compartment? I don't think it's the gas tank because its too low.

Attachments

• 303163-comp2.jpg
    303163-comp2.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 399
   / New 425 #2  
Looks more like the muffler--could it be that they are now mounting the fuel tank in the back and the muffler in the front?

/ New 425
I can't imagine any reason to do that...unless they were trying to cool the engine compartment better. Looks like they closed off the front as well. Hey, maybe it's a new diesel prototype we have all been wanting (well, most of us have been wanting). /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New 425 #4  
check the photo link on power track,you will see the diff. hood on the 425.the on pic you will see they moved the hyd. cooler forward, and the gas filler cap is now outside the hood /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ New 425 #5  
Hi guys -

Where are you getting these photos? I have one of the new PT425s, and I don't see appreciable differences. The fuel filler is still inside the engine compartment - the tank is translucent plastic. The muffler has been changed - it is no longer protected by a shield - it looks like PT manufactured their own - it is quite rugged. At least with the plastic tank there is no welding slag (!) in the tank, although it is possible there is some in the hydraulic tank. There has been no change, to my knowledge, of the orientation of the engine. Since it is a Command Pro, there is an oil cooler on the left side of the bay. That's about it.

-Rob /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New 425 #6  
get on the pt web site, on links, click on photos. you will see diff. pics of the diff mods. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ New 425 #7  
Hmm. Found the picture - thanks.

To me, the pictures (fuzzy at best) show that they simply turned the engine cover around (probably welded the handles on the opposite side). I can see wanting to do this because the old setup has the hydraulic cooler and fan immediately above the exhaust! I thought it was a little weird when I first got it. I would assume that they could easily put a filler cap in the middle of the engine cover, but why? I think they would have to get a different gas tank, as the old one would probably bump into the new location for the hydraulic oil cooler.

Anybody actually seen one of these mythical creatures?

-Rob /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

comp3.jpg

/ New 425 #8  
when i look at that pic of the 425,they moved the hyd. cooler forward and put the gas tank to the rear. that would move the weight to the rear with a full tank of fuel.now with the hyd. cooler right be hind you is just what you need when your cutting grass when the temp. is in the mid 90s. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gifmay help in the winter plowing snow. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif