PowerTrac Visit

/ PowerTrac Visit #1  

pajoube

Veteran Member
Tractor
Former Owner PowerTrac 425 (September 2003)
This past week my wife and I visited the PowerTrac facilities. Following are pictures we took and impressions.
PJ

/ PowerTrac Visit
Well, appears that the trip to Tazewell was easier than doing text with pictures. Will have to wait until I find an expert to assist me with this.
PJ

/ PowerTrac Visit #4  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( You my need an http://your_place to store images. After you have stored the images then you can link to them from the Instant Markup on this page. )</font>

If the above procedure is to daunting you can email the images to askip@adorondi.com and I will upload them to my web place for you.
Then they can be linked to from your message posted in this forum.

/ PowerTrac Visit
I posted them via the instant markup which sent them to /mywebdocuments. They are now stored but I do not know how to link them to TBN with text. This is something I need to learn.
PJ

/ PowerTrac Visit
We flew into Roanoke (ROA) and rented a car to drive to Tazewell, VA. Beautiful drive over the mountains (highway 16) as we are familiar with mountain driving. Weather was perfect and appeared it has been a very wet summer as the vegetation was lush and green.
Entered the industrial park the next morning to visit PowerTrac facility. This is the entrance sign as you enter the industrial park.
PJ [image]www.mywebsite.com/pics/entrancesign.gif[/image][/image]

/ PowerTrac Visit #7  
Pajoube,
Why don't you just send the pics as attachments? At the risk of insulting you if you already know how to do this:

After you enter your text, just make sure the preview option is checked before youe you click "Continue". Then, on the page where you preview your text, there is a place to add attachments. Here, just click on the "Browse" button to find the picture file you want to attach. Select the file and proceed to the "Continue " button again. Voila!

Sorry if I've wasted your time on something you already knew how to do. Personally, I've never tried to figure out how to add pics to the text area.

Bruce

/ PowerTrac Visit #8  
Fun, ain't it? I had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to post... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Do you have the photos on your computer?

If yes, are they under 100K in size? If no, resize them to under 100K in size and then continue below.

Start a post, type your text and then be sure to select the check box that reads I want to preview my post and/or attach a file

Push the Continue button.

The Preview Post screen appears and you can proof read your text. Beneath that is a window that reads You may attach a file if you like (no bigger than 100000 bytes please). and next to that is a browse button. Click the browse button and navigate around your computer to find the photo that is stored on your computer. Select it and you will be returned to the Preview Post window.

Directly below the You may attach a file if you like (no bigger than 100000 bytes please). window is a continue button. If you hit that, it will post your text and picture as an attachment and all will be well.

Now here's where I kept goofing up....

Beneath that continue button is something that says Edit some more . If you scroll down you'll see the post box with your text, all the little smiley faces and another continue button. If you hit that second continue button, it brings you back to the Preview Post page and you lose the link to your photo. Just find the place to browse to your photo, browse again and this time, when you come back to the Preview Post screen, be sure to select the first continue button. Your picture will be posted as an attachment to your text and we will get to see your great shots /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hope this helps.

/ PowerTrac Visit #9  
If yor pictures are already stored on the internet somewhere, you can either post a link to the pictures using the URL, or you can post them as images, in which case they will appear in line with your text.

To post as a link, first go and look at one of your pictures on the internet. With your RIGHT mouse button, click on your picture and select PROPERTIES. Highlight the URL of the photo and with your RIGHT mouse button again, select COPY.

Then come back to TBN and start a new post. Enter your text and then select the URL instant markup. It will open up a little window to place your copied URL information. It starts with http://. Just wipe that out and can now paste your copied URL of your picture into that window by either right clicking and hit paste, or just hitting the control and V keys at the same time. Then click the OK window and another window will pop up prompting for you to type text. It says 'web page' in the window. Just type 'Here's a link to pictue #1' and hit OK. It'll add the markup to your post. Then just hit the CONTINUE button and your text with a link to the picture will be posted.

If you use the IMAGE instant markup instead of the URL instant markup, the image will appear directly in your post and not as a link. Both functions require you to supply the URL of your internet photo.

Hope this helps, too. Can't wait to see your shots. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ PowerTrac Visit
Bmac and MossRoad,
Thank you for all your help. Your correct, it is confusing when your computer skills are limited. All my background is sending JPEGS via attachments.
I'm great on email and ebay. Hope to gain more knowledge to be a better presenter on TBN.
PJ