PowerTrac Visit Two

/ PowerTrac Visit Two #21  
Pajoube,

Great pictures. Enjoyed looking at them all. When you have a chance, can you take a picture of the engine compartment with the engine cowl up. PT has definitely changed the engine department layout. From your pictures, the hydraulic cooler sits farther forward, the engine muffler in on the front side of the engine (also insulated), the engine cowl had a gas cap on it, the back of the engine cowl has less expanded metal. Does the gas filler extend through a opening in the engine cowl. Interested in why the layout change, better heat removal, or easier manuf.

Duane

/ PowerTrac Visit Two #22  
Great pictures of your visit. I'm curious as to how the 4 in 1 bucket compares with the 5 cu ft bucket when it comes to moving dirt. Are they equally heavily made? Did you look at the grapple bucket? I sometimes have large brush piles to move around.

/ PowerTrac Visit Two
Yes, I will get the pictures posted of the engine area. Have family get together today and part of tomorrow but will try and get this done by Wednesday.
PJ

/ PowerTrac Visit Two
The 5 cu bucket and 4 n 1 are the same heavy quality. Moving dirt or rock will be the same with either except the 4 n 1 can pick up as well as scoop up. If you have a need to load into a pickup from the side, the 4 n 1 will drop your load without touching the side (does not rotate down).
I did look at the grapple bucket but did not have a need right now. The grapple bucket is very heavy in construction.
PJ

/ PowerTrac Visit Two #25  
Great pictures and documentation. Many thanks for sharing.

How do you feel the mini hoe would perform in heavily rock laden ground? I've got a 1/2 inch of soil followed by 3 to 6 inch size rocks forever. Do you feel it has the capability to trench or dig in that?

Jack

/ PowerTrac Visit Two #26  
<font color="blue"> Scott going over the 425 with me. Scott had a complete 425 trailer package brought out to the customer testing area prior to my arrival. This had almost all of the attachments on hand for me to test out as I wished.
</font>

That piture shows a good shot of something different that we have been discussing lately.

The Hydraulic cooler is now at the front of the engine compartment top, the gas tank filler cap is sticking out of the middle of the top, which indicates the fuel tank is in a different location than mine, the muffler appears to point out of the side, rather than the rear and the side of the engine cover has mesh only on the front half of the side, not the entire side like mine. Also note the red engine parts visible in the rear, where the muffler is located on mine....

Major design changes since mine was built. My curiosity is now officially peaked /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ PowerTrac Visit Two #27  
<font color="blue"> Yes, I will get the pictures posted of the engine area. Have family get together today and part of tomorrow but will try and get this done by Wednesday.
</font>

AAAAAHHH!! Continued on Wednesday! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Just kidding. We have family get together today, too /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Great pictures. Thanks for taking the time to share them with us.

/ PowerTrac Visit Two #28  
<font color="blue"> If you have a need to load into a pickup from the side, the 4 n 1 will drop your load without touching the side (does not rotate down).
</font>

That's some useful information and should be a big seller for someone concerned about the lift height. Just dump the load out the bottom.

/ PowerTrac Visit Two
MR,
When you do your 8 hour lubrication what type of spray lub do you use on the ball joints? Terry mentioned liquid teflon but have been unable to find. I will be doing the 8 hour lubrication on Thursday.
PJ

/ PowerTrac Visit Two #30  
Pajoube,

I believe David uses white lithium grease. I use what I believe Terry is talking about. It is an aerosol lubricant that contains PFTE in suspension (that's generic Teflon, if I am not mistaken). It's called "Super Lube" I get it at Lowe's for just a couple of bucks. Here it is at Lowes . I think it works quite well, and I've used it all over the tractor, on the hydraulic actuators, on the treadle assembly, etc.

If you find something better, then let me know. I like this stuff - it is inexpensive, doesn't stain, stays on vertical surfaces, seems to provides good reduction in friction, and is convenient to apply. I use a paper towel, and put the paper towel around the area to be sprayed. I use the applicator extension tube.

Sincerely,

Rob /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif