correct wrench

/ correct wrench #1  

washita

Silver Member
Tractor
pt 425, JI Case, Gravely Comm.10A
what is the correct wrench size for the pivot point nut (jesus nut) on the 425 series pt? normally I use a large crescent wrench for this nut , but after adding a couple of divots to my hand this past weekend it is time to invest in the proper/correct wrench

/ correct wrench #2  
Can't remember. Its been discussed. Maybe a search will turn it up. Sorry. :(

/ correct wrench #4  
Page 18 of my 2010 PT425 parts manual is attached below. The nut may be item 7: 1 1/4-12 half locknut. Hope this helps.

CenterSectionPartsPT425.jpg

/ correct wrench #5  
1 and 13/16 maybe?

++1 for a 2005 PT-422. Just went outside and checked the wrench and the nut,.

Still tight. :)

Remember, wrench size and bolt sizes are different. Quick google shows that the standard wrench size for a 1-1/4" bolt is 1-7/8". But 1-13/16" fits mine quite well.

US Bolts - Head and Wrench Sizes

/ correct wrench #6  
what is the correct wrench size for the pivot point nut (jesus nut) on the 425 series pt? normally I use a large crescent wrench for this nut , but after adding a couple of divots to my hand this past weekend it is time to invest in the proper/correct wrench

If you don't have one of these vernier1.gif, you can use the crescent wrench to find the size. Put it tightly on the nut, then measure the opening with a ruler..

/ correct wrench #7  
++1 for a 2005 PT-422. Just went outside and checked the wrench and the nut,.

Still tight. :)

Remember, wrench size and bolt sizes are different. Quick google shows that the standard wrench size for a 1-1/4" bolt is 1-7/8". But 1-13/16" fits mine quite well.

US Bolts - Head and Wrench Sizes
That link has the answer to every question if you can uderstand it. I played with it a few minutes and found answers to questions that shouldn't be ask by responsible(?) TBN members :D
Smilinjak

/ correct wrench #8  
That link has the answer to every question if you can uderstand it. I played with it a few minutes and found answers to questions that shouldn't be ask by responsible(?) TBN members :D
Smilinjak

who knew you could convert from Fahrenheit to liters, to ft/min. to kellicams.:eek:

/ correct wrench #9  
I seem to recall the formula for wrench size is to take the bolt diameter + add half the diameter to it to get the wrench size. Add an additional 1/8" for heavy hex nuts. So a 1" bolt would be 1" +1/2"=1 1/2" for wrench size on a standard nut or 1 5/8" if it is a heavy hex nut.