power trac 1850 control issues

/ power trac 1850 control issues #1  

power trac 1850

Tractor
power trac 1850
i purchased a power trac 1850 on the cheap . I like problems .the info i received with it is useless , and with the fresh
coat of red . cant read anything . Can anyone post pictures of controls ,or point me in right direction ? Manuals ? for sale or on line ?
Can only get 2 wheels turning to start with . Thanks for any help i receive . Will not be my last post . Will try to post pictures .
Thanks Kevin In PA

/ power trac 1850 control issues #2  
Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the Power-Trac forum.

There are several people here that own 1850's.

Don't know about the manuals, as they are very poor.

/ power trac 1850 control issues #3  
Welcome to TBN. Have you spoken to Terry at the factory yet?

/ power trac 1850 control issues #5  
Kevin. I am happy to help,so will be ken the other 1850 owner. Big thing we need is some pictures of your machine. While pt doesn't change much we are all always surprised by changes.

I think my big questions are.....n what're kind of engine do you have? When you operate the treadle, the foot controls, are there hydraulic hoses connected to them or cables?

All the pt's have the same basic design, and the guys in this group are amazingly helpful.

/ power trac 1850 control issues #6  
As JJ said, the manuals are terrible. They give you NO useful information, not even how to start or stop.

/ power trac 1850 control issues #7  
Perhaps you can tell us more about your machine , such as how old, which engine, pump manufacturer, size tires, dual tires, how many attachments, etc,

I would highly recommend a 3000 psi gage to help you monitor and trouble shoot the hyd system.

If you know how to use the search engine, you might just read everything that has been posted about the 1850 till now, plus ask all the questions you want.

I have a PT-1445, but might be able to help a little.

/ power trac 1850 control issues #8  
If you know how to use the search engine, you might just read everything that has been posted about the 1850 till now, plus ask all the questions you want.
If you go to Search Results - TractorByNet.com that should list all threads with the number 1850 and either PT or Power Trac.

Aaron Z

/ power trac 1850 control issues
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Spoke to terry machine us a 94. Will replace
Gage . Will Chechnya if front pedals are
Connected to hose or cable . Have with
It plow and tractor bucket. Looking to get
Brush hog when working.
Thanks for all the replies keep them coming
Kevin. Hope pictures come out

/ power trac 1850 control issues #10  
WOW. Completely different than Either Ken or My 1850, but I think JJ's 1430 has some similarity.

Evertthing so far makes sense, except for the lever on the center column. JJ, any ideas?

So you have got it running? engine turns over? And then you take the brake off (this would be the handle on the left side in front of your knee, it is the brake as well as the brake release). so that you know, there is no braking on a PT, for the most part they hold position on hills pretty well when running, but of course you need them with the engine off.

I am pretty sure you have a cable drive for the wheels, which means the foot pedals use a cable run to the hydraulics on the engine that either push fluid forward or reverse. Newer models use hydrualic lines to provide that control.

Does your PT steer? Does the arms move up and down?

My PT has 3 different hydraulic pumps. One drives the wheels only. One drives the steering, lift tilt dump, tilt seat, and float (maybe brakes, never checked that). The last pump is purely the PTO pump. Hopefully this info will help you start to suss out the drive train issue.