New Member, New Owner of a 425

/ New Member, New Owner of a 425
Toy,
It's about a 6 1/2 hr run from here to Tazewell VA, so I'd have to do some advance planning to work that into my day-to-day schedule. I called the hydraulic shop, asked them to button the tram pump back up if they're not making any headway on I.D.ing the model # and repairing it so I can pick it up. There's another large hydraulic shop locally that I will check with before I commit to a 13 hr round trip to PT. Although, Tazewell looks like it's near Jefferson Nat'l Forest, which has some good off-roading trails through it. Maybe I could make it a dual -purpose trip....hmmmm...

/ New Member, New Owner of a 425 #33  
Hi JZ,
I am brand new as well. Having a similar issue with my PT 2425. I am researching a shop in NJ that says they can rebuild anything. I will post the results when I have them BTW my pump is also Bondioli and Pavesi. Part # is
p154x19 ......

Good luck!!!

/ New Member, New Owner of a 425 #34  
Hi JZ,
I am brand new as well. Having a similar issue with my PT 2425. I am researching a shop in NJ that says they can rebuild anything. I will post the results when I have them BTW my pump is also Bondioli and Pavesi. Part # is
p154x19 ......

Good luck!!!

In your other posts you said it was a PT425. Here, you mention a PT2425. Which one do you have? Thanks.

Hi All,
A long delayed update on the 425/pump/wheel motor saga:
I had two wheel motors rebuilt locally, bought 2 wheel motors and had the pump rebuilt from PowerTrac. I've been afflicted with a bad case of "...might as well...", so I've been cleaning,painting, and repairing things as I go along since the repairs have been pretty invasive anyway.Today I bled the tram pump and fired her up for the first time. I had to tighten up some fittings that I skipped on the pump install and tighten the gear pump bolts, and we have propulsion!! I still have a cooling fan to replace, the rollbar to reinstall and a lot of cleaning to do in the engine bay but things are looking up! Thanks everybody for all your help over the past few months, I'll keep you posted...
JZ

Here's a before and after shot. When he's back on the ground and buttoned back up I'll post some more. I'm making some small mods during the re-assembly. I have an overhead console that mounts between the uprights of the ROP to hold a tilt meter, switch panel and some gauges (oil temp and motor head temp when I get that far). The unit came with 4 driving lamps mounted to the canopy, two front, two rear. I'll be adding red LED tail lamps on the rear so I'll be more visible when plowing snow.

kermit before.jpgKermit after.jpg

/ New Member, New Owner of a 425 #40  
Looking good! One nice thing about the PT is you don't have to worry about delicate body work! Just grind it down, prime and paint.