New Member, New Owner of a 425

/ New Member, New Owner of a 425 #1  

JGZahn

Tractor
Power Trac 425
Hi All,
I have recently gotten a Power Trac 425, it had a failure of the main pump and at least 2 wheel motors. Power Trac has given me prices on repair of the pump, replacement prices on the motors as well. I have a local hydraulic shop inspect the pump. The shop said it's a Bondioli & Pavesi pump which makes sourcing the parts difficult. They can repair it but need the model number of the pump because there is no tag or ID# attached to it. Has anybody tried having one of these rebuilt other by Power Trac? Has anyone found a bolt-in substitute pump? It's a neat little unit, I had the chance to use it last year w2hile it was still mobile to move a little dirt and use the tiller attachment and would like to get it back up and running by Spring, but I have time to explore my options for repair/rebuild/replacement. Thanks for any info you can provide.
JZ:newhere:

/ New Member, New Owner of a 425 #2  
Welcome to TBN .

/ New Member, New Owner of a 425 #4  
Welcome to TBN. :thumbsup:
No experience working on that pump. What is the repair cost VS replacement cost?
For wheel motors, several folks here on TBN have swapped out the factory motors with units obtained elsewhere than Power Trac. Perhaps they will chime in. There are several threads on the subject. Try the search and use wheel motor replace or replacement in your search.

/ New Member, New Owner of a 425 #5  
Welcome to TBN

/ New Member, New Owner of a 425 #6  
   / New Member, New Owner of a 425
Thanks for the feedback, everybody. I'm sending copies of the pdfs on the pump to the shop to see what they can do with it. The prices I was quoted from Power Trac were $1200 for a rebuild, $2400 for a replacement pump and right around $400 per on the wheel motors.

/ New Member, New Owner of a 425 #10  
Thanks for the feedback, everybody. I'm sending copies of the pdfs on the pump to the shop to see what they can do with it. The prices I was quoted from Power Trac were $1200 for a rebuild, $2400 for a replacement pump and right around $400 per on the wheel motors.

Some considerations on the wheel motors...
If you get larger wheel motors than stock, you can "gear down" so-to-speak. You'll lower your top speed but get more torque for hill climbing/pulling.
One member has made a mountain goat out of his PT425 by doing that.

Another member wanted taller tires for beach work. He had larger motors put on, which geared it down, then put on the taller tires, which geared it back up. In essence, he kept the top speed the same but got larger tires for flotation in the sand.

Lots of things to consider.