422 OIl Filter Removal

/ 422 OIl Filter Removal #12  
Remove the engine bolts, I'll have to try that next time and see how it works out for me.
I should have mentioned support the engine, mine always falls off the spacers that the engine sits on, better engine mounts should be in order

/ 422 OIl Filter Removal
Changed oil today in my pt-422. Bought a wrench at Harbor Freight to take the filter that worked great. Plastic bags also worked great. Thanks for the tip. Now to the funny part. While putting the new filter on, I had both hands stuck between engine and the side of the tub for about ten minutes. It was difficult slipping them in there to spin the filter on, but I never imagined it would be so hard to get them back out.

/ 422 OIl Filter Removal #15  
I never imagined it would be so hard to get them back out.
I swear that PT purposely cut the holes in the back of the tub just slightly smaller than the average mans forearms.

changing the filter is a painful experience. A nice 4" diameter hole in the bottom of the tub right underneath the oil filter would be nice. Or a remote filter kit.

/ 422 OIl Filter Removal #16  
You could have the 1800 series. Filters are a breeze, but draining is a nightmare. The plug is easy enough but the thoughtful, insightful, brilliant engineers placed the hole for the oil to drain out about 1" too far back. My first few oil changes consisted of me filling the tub up, the waiting for it to drain out. Now I have an oil can cut up so that it directs the oil to the hole, but PT really is a PITA sometimes. Hmmm... I think we have the new company logo.

PiTa

Power i Trac a
s g
g
r
a
v
i
n
g

/ 422 OIl Filter Removal #17  
I bought one of those finger-like wrenches from an auto supply place for the 4010 filter. No room around it for a normal filter wrench. I use an oil extractor to remove oil from everything now. Lots better than going underneath. I removed drain plugs and checked after. On the tractor, nary a drop came out of the drain plug after using the extractor. Only way to remove the oil from generators or other low down engines. Be really good for an inboard boat engine, too.

Ralph

/ 422 OIl Filter Removal #18  
Alright you Subaruber's.... here's a link to all sorts of engine accessories for your engines. Scroll down and see the remote oil filter kit. And the remote oil drain kit. And a heavy duty starter. Enjoy!
:thumbsup:

Subaru Robin - Optional Configuration

/ 422 OIl Filter Removal
Thanks Moss Road for the Subaru info. Some of those gadgets sure are neat. Power Trac should look into using some on the equipment on there right from the get go. Remote oil filter and drain extension sure would make an oil change quite easier.