Suspension seat

/ Suspension seat #1  

RegL

Platinum Member
Tractor
PT 1430
Need help, i spent a couple hours field mowing a very rough field today and my back is killing me. Was wondering if anyone has replaced their stock Power Trac seat or could recommend a good one that will fit. thanks

/ Suspension seat #2  
NORTHERN HYDRAULICS HAS SUSPENSION SEATS, BUT IT MAY RAISE YOUR SITTING HEIGHT. I INSTALLED ONE ON MY KUBOTA TRACTOR, HAD TO MODIFY BASE PLATE. YOU COULD ALSO ADD ANOTHER LAYER OF HIGH DENSITY FOAM.
ANOTHER SUGGESTION IS TO WEAR THOSE BACK SUPPORT BELTS.

J.J.

/ Suspension seat #3  
This seat was discussed in another TBN thread Tractor seat . If you do a search you may be able to find the original thread.

As the previous post noted, all suspension seats I have seen will raise your sitting height.

/ Suspension seat #4  
RegL: <font color="red">Need help, i spent a couple hours field mowing a very rough field today and my back is killing me. </font>

Ooff! I know what you mean! I was out getting in some first time seat testing with my brand new seat when the PT1845 caught fire last spring. That brought my seat testing to an abrupt halt. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I had replaced the seat with a Northern Tool item#1756 Mid High Trim Line Seat @ $99.99. Now that I'm back in the saddle again I'm finding this seat is working out fairly well - it is about twice as thick as the OEM seat and I don't bottom out in rough going but it can still get rather bouncy. Running the tires at 12psi helps. A kidney belt helps too (in general I've found a kidney belt necessary for extended seat time on the PT1845 - there is something about the motion or posture that generates more back pain than I've experienced with other tractors). Sitting up very straight and not leaning back against the backrest helps too.

The real answer might be a suspension seat but I think one might raise the sitting position too much. Perhaps the seat post can be modified a bit.

Sedgewood

/ Suspension seat
thanks for all the replies. i guess I'll try the thick foam cushen and if that works look for a thicker seat. I think I have one of those belts somewhere also. I think a couple inches of extra height might actually be an advantage, better visability while hooking up, etc.