Lubrication Points

/ Lubrication Points #1  

pajoube

Veteran Member
Tractor
Former Owner PowerTrac 425 (September 2003)
Just back from Louisville and the International Lawn, Garden & Power Equipment Exposition. Had a chance to stop and talk with the PowerTrac folks as they are well displayed both inside and out for this show. Talked with Terry and in our conversation I mentioned about zerk lubrication points. He mentioned (also in manual) that there are three zerk points at the treadle. Two where the treadle pivots and one where the butterfly linkage pivots. I had taken the side covers off prior to going and did not find any zerk fittings. When I got home this afternoon I pulled the side panels off again and still could not fiind those three zerk points. Would other 425 owners check your machines out and let me know. I have attached a photo of the area on my machine.
PJ

Attachments

• 329741-Mvc-738f.jpg
    329741-Mvc-738f.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 516
   / Lubrication Points #2  
Wow, Paul, that looks completely different than mine. Let me check my pictures.

/ Lubrication Points #3  
Paul,
Could you take a wider shot of yours, similar to the one in the photo that I am attaching?

The photo that I am linking to here is taken from the left side with the cover removed. There are four arrows in the photo. The top two arrows point out the two grease zerks for the treadle assembly. The bottom right arrow points to the third zerk, which is for a pivot point for the linkage that pulls the cable that goes back to the engine compartment that moves the hydroback, which controls the arm on the variable volume pump, which provides the drive power.

Notice in my picture the pedal assemble is mounted to the floor. Your's appears to be mounted off the floor and there also seems to be an aluminum block with hyrdaulic hose attached.

In this link to another photo I think I am at about the same angle as your picture. It looks like another design change was made.

I wonder if they stopped using the hyrdroback and started using a valve at the treadle assembly? It sure looks like it.

Paul, do you even have a hyrdroback assembly? I doubt it. Not that it is a bad thing at all. Just different. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Lubrication Points
I'm attaching some more pictures which I hope will show what I have. I do agree that mine is a different build. Not sure if it ius better or not. Will contact Terry when they return from the Expo show.PJ

Attachments

• 330079-Mvc-736f.jpg
    330079-Mvc-736f.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 221
   / Lubrication Points
Photo two
PJ

Attachments

• 330080-Mvc-731f.jpg
    330080-Mvc-731f.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 450
   / Lubrication Points
Photo three
PJ

Attachments

• 330083-Mvc-732f.jpg
    330083-Mvc-732f.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 444
   / Lubrication Points
Photo four

Attachments

• 330090-Mvc-733f.jpg
    330090-Mvc-733f.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 410
   / Lubrication Points
Photo five
PJ

Attachments

• 330096-Mvc-735f.jpg
    330096-Mvc-735f.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 191
   / Lubrication Points #9  
paul how old is your 425 i just got mine two weeks ago and when i was talking to terry he told me that the new units dont have a few things that the older units as there was a design change maybe this is it i dont have the time to remove mine now but i will tomorrow as now im curious also i went by walmart today to get the spray lube for the ball joints terry recommended and they dont have it here what is the makeup of this spray a white grease or silicone or what else could it be also one more question what type of grease do you guys use i saw some high pressure red grease for the zerks what do you think of this verses the cheapo grease

/ Lubrication Points #10  
WOW. Thanks! It looks like the valve is directly at the treadle now. I'll bet you don't have a variable volume pump at all.

What do you other guys think?