Tractor
    Power Trac PT1845, John Deere 2240, John Deere 950, John Deere 755, Jacobsen Turf Cat II

Default Unintended Consequences

Sometimes I think a project is successful if the time to do it is not exceeded by the time to repair the damage. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    Removing a batch of four-foot high dense bushes (carefully planted 15 years ago, of course) was pretty slow using a lift boom and cable, because only one sprig at a time came out. But, progress was much faster as the 72" rough-cut mower reduced them to four inch high stubs and mulch. And those electricians shouldn't have left that PVC junction box sticking up more than six inches, anyway. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Default Re: Unintended Consequences

<font color="blue"> Sometimes I think a project is successful if the time to do it is not exceeded by the time to repair the damage. </font>

Let this be a lesson to all of us...

No matter how trivial the project, no matter how insignificant it seems, always take pictures. Even mowing the lawn requires a before and after shot. You never know when someone might drop their cell phone in the grass, leave a tool on the mower deck, or be distracted just before mowing over, err, uh, pruning the wife's prize bogonias. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    PowerTrac 425 (September 2003)

It's like every project - each one takes 4 trips to the hardware store no matter how much preplanning I did.
    PJ

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Hey Charlie, at least it wasn't the gas meter! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Power Trac PT1845, John Deere 2240, John Deere 950, John Deere 755, Jacobsen Turf Cat II

<font color="red"> at least it wasn't the gas meter! </font>

Right: I'd have had to check the blades for dings if it'd been one of those. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]