Bucket Level Device

/ Bucket Level Device #1  

pajoube

Veteran Member
Tractor
Former Owner PowerTrac 425 (September 2003)
Is there such a thing as a bucket level device? I continue to lean out of my seat to see if my bucket is level as I return to my digging area. I usually can be within a few degrees of level just by sighting but would like something that could attach to the bucket to tell me if it were perfectly level when needed.
PJ

/ Bucket Level Device #2  
My 1845 has a rod that slides in a tube and has color coding to function as a bucket level indicator. The design limits it to indicating correctly when the bucket is on the ground.

Kubota buckets have a small strip mounted on the back top of the bucket that is parallel to the bottom of the bucket and functions as a level indicator. Such a device could be easily added to virtually any bucket.

/ Bucket Level Device
Bob999
Thanks, that looks easy and should work.
PJ

/ Bucket Level Device #4  
<font color="blue">I continue to lean out of my seat to see if my bucket is level as I return to my digging area. I usually can be within a few degrees of level just by sighting but would like something that could attach to the bucket to tell me if it were perfectly level when needed </font>

Yes, that would be nice. On my IH2500B, there was a rod connected to the bucket and to a half circle of sheet metal. This half circle had degree readings on it and was mounted to the loader arms on a pin, so it could rotate with the movement of the rod. There was a pointer on the loader arms too. When the bucket was rotated, the degree reading would go past the pointer. It was pretty accurate and adjustable with a threaded rod. It would be very easy to come up with something like this with threaded rod and a tube.

Hmm... Folks, I sense a modification challenge brewing on the Power Trac forums! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Bucket Level Device
Thanks MossRoad, another great idea. Still painting the house (inside) and looks like the weather will get up to 40 tomorrow so will be using the mini hoe to continue the dig project.
PJ