Tram issue on 422

/ Tram issue on 422 #1  

SwampmanLA

Silver Member
As anyone had a 4xx with hydraulic tram pedals just keep moving when you let off the pedals? My 2008 vintage 422 just started doing this, when I release the foot pedals it keeps rolling and slowly comes to a stop. Some opposite pedal pressure will stop the PT with no problem but the run on is new. I cleaned the muck out from under the floor boards, lubed the pedals up real good, but it still has run on. Tram still has plenty of power so I do not think it is a pump issue but a tram value issue. Ever heard of the tram valve failing on a 4xx PT?

/ Tram issue on 422 #2  
Check your cable and the black round unit on the end of the cable at the tram.

/ Tram issue on 422 #4  
As anyone had a 4xx with hydraulic tram pedals just keep moving when you let off the pedals? My 2008 vintage 422 just started doing this, when I release the foot pedals it keeps rolling and slowly comes to a stop. Some opposite pedal pressure will stop the PT with no problem but the run on is new. I cleaned the muck out from under the floor boards, lubed the pedals up real good, but it still has run on. Tram still has plenty of power so I do not think it is a pump issue but a tram value issue. Ever heard of the tram valve failing on a 4xx PT?

Are there pedal return srings that may have popped out?

/ Tram issue on 422 #5  
Is that pedal a spring to center valve or just a friction valve with spring assist?

/ Tram issue on 422
I talked toTerry and he asked me to reverse the two hoses from the pedals. I have been busy and have not had a chance to test it out. I will let you know what I find out.

/ Tram issue on 422 #7  
my 425 has the same problem, cleaned debris out of forward/reverse tram valve, worked well for a while (20hrs) problem has resurfaced and intermittent, keep us posted what you find, check out post ''up a tree with the pt'' that was my rant. I have not had the time to investigate further the tram issue

/ Tram issue on 422 #9  
it did not ''blow out debris'' on mine, it just reverses the direction the pedals work, forward pedal becomes reverse and vice versa :eek: just remember to switch the hoses back or possibly a week later while in a hurry you might forget (don't ask I won't tell)

/ Tram issue on 422
Finally had a chance to swap the lines on the 422 today. No joy, I still have the issue. Guess I'll see what Terry has for me tomorrow.