Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51
  1. #41
    Veteran Member SpringHollow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,722
    Location
    South of Rochester, NY
    Tractor
    Power Trac 1850, NH 2120

    Default Re: Electrical Issue

    I actually was standing about 6' away at the time. I had brought the tractor back into the barn because the breaker kept blowing. It was off at the time and I had the engine compartment open trying to figure out what was going wrong. I heard the acid boiling in the battery (I was quite impressed) and decided that it would be a good idea to step back. A second or two later, ...... I was wearing safety glasses but I do not remember any acid hitting them and I did not get any acid on my skin. I consider myself to have been fairly lucky that day. Boiling acid would not have been pleasant. It instantly carbonized the wood it hit leaving black stains. Sulfuric acid can start a fire when it reacts with organics due to the heat created as it oxidizes them.

    Ken
    PT1850, mini hoe, grapple, stump grinder, brush hog

    http://www.usadiscountgenerators.com...T1850Home.html

  2. #42
    Elite Member woodlandfarms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,270
    Location
    Los Angeles / SW Washington
    Tractor
    PowerTrac 1850

    Default Re: Electrical Issue

    Coyote, why you ever chose to live in Vermont is beyond me. You could be here, scenic Southern Washington, just a moment away from Portland, where young people go to retire. And you could come by and visit, and I could suck you in with my tale of woe.. And you could take a look, and say hey, just do this, and it would be fixed.

    My perfect world....

    At this point I am putting the tractor in the barn, and trying to figure out how I can get 40 days of clean underwear in less than a 50lb bag....
    Power-Trac 1850, grapple, hoe, 90" mower, 72" box blade

  3. #43
    Elite Member woodlandfarms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,270
    Location
    Los Angeles / SW Washington
    Tractor
    PowerTrac 1850

    Default Re: Electrical Issue

    I was sitting in my car at an Osh and some guy pulls in in front of me. He turns his car off, fusses around (I am waiting for my wife) and BOOOOMMMMMM His hood jumps and steam comes rising out. I am thinking what the heck.. I get out and make sure he is out of the car... Eventually we pop the hood and his battery had completely shrappneled. Acid everywhere and battery parts on everything.

    I want to say, though, I think his car started with the battery in pieces. Maybe it was still running when it happened but I remember that (then again, I remember me being thin and attractive).
    Power-Trac 1850, grapple, hoe, 90" mower, 72" box blade

  4. #44
    Elite Member Coyote machine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,703
    Location
    Southern VT
    Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

    Default Re: Electrical Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by woodlandfarms View Post
    Coyote, why you ever chose to live in Vermont is beyond me. You could be here, scenic Southern Washington, just a moment away from Portland, where young people go to retire. And you could come by and visit, and I could suck you in with my tale of woe.. And you could take a look, and say hey, just do this, and it would be fixed.

    My perfect world....

    At this point I am putting the tractor in the barn, and trying to figure out how I can get 40 days of clean underwear in less than a 50lb bag....
    Like Skiing, have family on east coast, etc. Answer: send RT first class ticket and driver to get me to your place and I'm there.

    Burn the U-wear, get more, support our dying economy.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

    Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

    Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

  5. #45
    Elite Member Coyote machine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,703
    Location
    Southern VT
    Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

    Default Re: Electrical Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by SpringHollow View Post
    I actually was standing about 6' away at the time. I had brought the tractor back into the barn because the breaker kept blowing. It was off at the time and I had the engine compartment open trying to figure out what was going wrong. I heard the acid boiling in the battery (I was quite impressed) and decided that it would be a good idea to step back. A second or two later, ...... I was wearing safety glasses but I do not remember any acid hitting them and I did not get any acid on my skin. I consider myself to have been fairly lucky that day. Boiling acid would not have been pleasant. It instantly carbonized the wood it hit leaving black stains. Sulfuric acid can start a fire when it reacts with organics due to the heat created as it oxidizes them.

    Ken
    IMHO, you're way more than lucky that you were not standing in the line of fire. Acid burns are horrible, and if one is burned in the eyes I can't even imagine the pain and consequences.
    BTW, I checked your hotlink and took a look at the mods you did to your PT. Nice work.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

    Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

    Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

  6. #46
    Epic Contributor MossRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    24,136
    Location
    South Bend, Indiana (near)
    Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

    Default Re: Electrical Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by woodlandfarms View Post
    At this point I am putting the tractor in the barn, and trying to figure out how I can get 40 days of clean underwear in less than a 50lb bag....
    Turn them inside out and you'll only need 20!
    MossRoad

    Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!


  7. #47
    Elite Member woodlandfarms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,270
    Location
    Los Angeles / SW Washington
    Tractor
    PowerTrac 1850

    Default Re: Electrical Issue

    So the wife went to Harbor Freight last hight after dropping me off at the airport and picked up one of those free red voltmeters. This way I can attach it to the tractor and if somehting happens to it not feel the guilt I would If I use my good meter.

    Oh side story. I am in Tel Aviv for a few days. Last night we went out for dinner at a place called "The Station". The place looked just like San Antonio. So much for the excitement of getting away to a new country. Tomorrow we go to Old Jeruselam which even though I am an atheist should be very cool
    Power-Trac 1850, grapple, hoe, 90" mower, 72" box blade

  8. #48
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,133
    Location
    West Cascades Washington State
    Tractor
    PT 422

    Default Re: Electrical Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by woodlandfarms View Post
    So the wife went to Harbor Freight last hight after dropping me off at the airport and picked up one of those free red voltmeters. This way I can attach it to the tractor and if somehting happens to it not feel the guilt I would If I use my good meter.

    Oh side story. I am in Tel Aviv for a few days. Last night we went out for dinner at a place called "The Station". The place looked just like San Antonio. So much for the excitement of getting away to a new country. Tomorrow we go to Old Jeruselam which even though I am an atheist should be very cool
    For sure, regardless of your spiritual persuasion, going to Old Jeruselam would be pretty interesting.

  9. #49
    Epic Contributor MossRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    24,136
    Location
    South Bend, Indiana (near)
    Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

    Default Re: Electrical Issue

    Yeah, history is history. Way cool. You have to understand everyone's point of view. Enjoy!
    MossRoad

    Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!


  10. #50
    Elite Member woodlandfarms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,270
    Location
    Los Angeles / SW Washington
    Tractor
    PowerTrac 1850

    Default Re: Electrical Issue

    Interesting day. Went up to Old Jeruselam. We are getting some tour of the underground archeology going on with City of David next week so no Western Wall. We were just outside scouting. Massive massive tourist trap. Smaller than I thought it would be but the history is amazing. The old cemetary was quite impressive. Then went up north and was on a local farm. Techniques are about the same as the US. Was not expecting as many tractors on the road in Jeruselam as I saw.
    Power-Trac 1850, grapple, hoe, 90" mower, 72" box blade

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Electrical issue/?
    By P.L. in forum Kioti Owning/Operating
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2014, 07:16 PM
  2. Electrical issue
    By Rollcenter in forum Kioti Owning/Operating
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-08-2013, 07:26 PM
  3. TC 30 electrical issue
    By Maineuropa in forum New Holland Owning/Operating
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 09:28 AM
  4. BX2230 electrical issue
    By ysgi in forum Parts/Repairs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 12:43 AM
  5. electrical issue?
    By psuedofarmer in forum Kioti Owning/Operating
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-23-2004, 11:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.