Cheap DIY tooth bar

/ Cheap DIY tooth bar #11  
Great Job! I love old fashion American ingenuity. This is what is lacking in today's culture/society.

/ Cheap DIY tooth bar #12  
KMA, I always enjoy your undertakings and great documentation!!

/ Cheap DIY tooth bar #13  
Good job.....looks just like my Piranha which I bought a couple of years ago. Mine was customed fitted for a small bucket....have used it for some digging projects and have cleared a ton of blackberry bushes with it. A great add on for the tractor. I rarely remove my tooth bar but can in a couple of minutes. I am really impressed with your ability to make this tooth bar.....nice!!!:thumbsup:

/ Cheap DIY tooth bar
KMA, I always enjoy your undertakings and great documentation!!
Thank you. I appreciate you saying that and I'm very glad you enjoyed it.

Good job.....looks just like my Piranha which I bought a couple of years ago. Mine was customed fitted for a small bucket....have used it for some digging projects and have cleared a ton of blackberry bushes with it. A great add on for the tractor. I rarely remove my tooth bar but can in a couple of minutes. I am really impressed with your ability to make this tooth bar.....nice!!!:thumbsup:
Thanks Jerry! How's your Piranha holding up? Any tips you can pass on?

/ Cheap DIY tooth bar #15  
My Piranha has held up very well. I have really used the thing....like I said....cleared acres of blackberrys and small trees.......dug out a hill alongside my driveway. The tooth bar still looks new....except for the dirt. Still very sharp. The design is great for clearing brush. I think you're going to like what you made. Good luck with it and....again.....nice job!!

/ Cheap DIY tooth bar
Quick update: I've been putting my tooth bar to serious work over the last few weeks and it is holding up very well, with little to no signs of wear. I've been digging, hauling, scraping and haven't bothered to remove it at all. I'm putting up a pole garage and needed to cut into a hill and lay stone around the existing pad in preparation for new concrete. I used the mini hoe to break things up and then the bucket to dig it out and haul it away. Absolutely worth it for me.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141028_104707.png
    ForumRunner_20141028_104707.png
    660.9 KB · Views: 727
   / Cheap DIY tooth bar #17  
I know this is an old thread but I found it recently and used it as a reference for a tooth bar I just built. I wanted to share my build in case it helps anyone else that comes across this. So here it is and it works quite well. It's 5"x3/8" standard stock. The holes were the most time consuming part. I used a 2 1/2" hole saw for those and then a 4" angle grinder to cut all the angles (it took about 3 blades). I finished the angles with a sanding disk to make them look nice. The tabs were made from the same 5" stock. They are 1" tall on the bucket and 1 1/2" on the welded side. I used a chop saw to rough cut those 2 parallel heights and finished with the angle grinder. The whole thing weighs in at around 22lbs. It's time consuming but totally worth it. It's true what people say.. the tooth bar will make your tractor a digging machine!! Good luck!

These are the measurements.
tb1.JPG

Here is the end result.
tb2.JPG

Last edited:
   / Cheap DIY tooth bar #18  
I diy'd my bar but used store bought teeth welded onto 3/8 X 3 flat stock.
Cost worked out to be about $100 all told and I bought some spares, just in case.

Buddy also made up a set using truck spring steel to shape his teeth.
Being harden steel they are standing up extremely well.

I hope your teeth stand up to the wear.
Nice work!

/ Cheap DIY tooth bar #19  
I know this in an older thread, but I'm also considering making a tooth bar for my 4' tractor bucket and I'm struggling with something.

used store bought teeth

If I decide to go this route and weld store bought teeth on to a bit of flat bar, can someone tell me (or link me to) an example of the kind of teeth might do the job? I've been searching online but all I am finding seem to be replacement teeth for large excavators and skid steers.