What is the back pump on 425?

/ What is the back pump on 425? #1  

FFC_Fencing

Tractor
New Holland TL90; New Holland TN65; two PT 425; One PT 422; Swinger 2000; Bobcat 773
Have a 425 that lost power to drive wheel motors. Upon examination of the back pump the lovejoy and shaft had hollowed out and the key was gone. Since the shaft is badly damaged we'd like to replace the pump with a new one. This could be done quickly if we were able to identify the model and size of the pump. Powertrac does a good job of hiding the ID on their off the shelf parts. Can anyone tell me the pump that we'd need for this? Once we get the machine going we will have more time to rebuild the old pump and just keep it for a spare.

/ What is the back pump on 425? #2  
There's several configurations of PT425. For example, my 2001 model year has the tram pump in front of the engine and the two section main and aux PTO pumps in back of the engine. What year is your PT425 and what pump arrangement do you have?

/ What is the back pump on 425?
Long delay in getting back to this post, but here is the situation now: Sent the pump back to PT to have them replace the shaft. About 2 grand later the pump was re-installed and it ran well for about two months. At that time the shaft again turned in the lovejoy and sheared off the key. are there any ideas as to what might be causing this? The 425 has been used for 8 or 9 years with none such problems then it happened twice in a few months. Any ideas will be appreciated.

/ What is the back pump on 425? #5  
3 things from my have no clue mind are first improper installation, a soft key to mis alignment or bad lovejoy (hole not snug or worn out). Next would be a pump that is failing. It is harder to turn, thus adding to the torque on the lovejoy. Finally, just bad luck.

/ What is the back pump on 425?
Thanks for the input everyone! Woodlandfarms: that "bad luck" assessment is a good one. it is always the most difficult to solve... I will post when we can determine what the problem was.

/ What is the back pump on 425? #7  
One thing you might check...does the key need to be heat treated or something. You might consider a call to Lovejoy and ask them. Just describe the problem and see what they say. For a particular size coupler, they should know the maximum horse power and any special requirements regarding the key material.