425 Dust Cap and Plugs sizes

/ 425 Dust Cap and Plugs sizes #1  

marrt

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1845 and 425
I need to add some additional dust plugs and caps to the quick connect couplers. Anyone know the correct size for the PTO and Quick Attach couplers for a 425?

/ 425 Dust Cap and Plugs sizes #2  
FYI, I have found that my caps have melted from putting them back on when the hydraulics are hot. Grrrr.... if I were to replace them, I'd check at Tractor Supply or Rural King first. Sorry I don't know the size off-hand.

/ 425 Dust Cap and Plugs sizes #3  
In my experience, the dust caps turned into a friggin nightmare. On my PT the connectors are craptastic Italian versions that no one within a thousand miles carries. I switched it all over to Parker which seems to be in abundance, but had to get new dustcaps, which I only have heartedly use.

/ 425 Dust Cap and Plugs sizes #4  
My $0.02 use the dust caps, always, and clean the connectors before connecting. It is the easiest way to keep grit out of the hydraulic system, and grit is never going to improve the health and well being of pumps, motors, cylinders, valves, or steering systems...

I agree, I'd try TSC or RK for caps first. You just trying to keep them clean.

All the best,

Peter

/ 425 Dust Cap and Plugs sizes
Last time I looked (which was over 10 years ago), Power Trac was using couplers made by Faster S.R.L of Italy. They are ISO 7241-1 series A compliant couplers. A number of company痴 make compatible couplers, such as the Parker 6600 series.

However, there's a difference between series A and series B and the dust caps are not interchangeable. I think series B is more commonly used these days and the dust caps at tractor supply and other places are likely series B compatible. I'll research this a bit more and report back.

BTW, I too believe it's cheap insurance to use dust caps and plugs. When I have an attachment on the tractor, I connect the cap and plug together. However, I noticed some attachments I purchased have two female couplers, instead of a male and female. I wonder if it came from the factory this way or someone made a change in order to have greater flexibility...such as reversing the direction of the stump grinder.

/ 425 Dust Cap and Plugs sizes #9  
A few years back, I managed to buy some reasonably priced Italian ones on Ebay. I have not seen many deals like that in the past year or two.

Ken

/ 425 Dust Cap and Plugs sizes
I have these on my 1845. They go on and off easier. Still use dust caps though...