Tram slower in forward than reverse

/ Tram slower in forward than reverse #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
So I have known for a while I have a bit of a creep that happens, tractor seems to drift backwards when on flat ground.

Tonight I was coming out of a ravine and the whole machine acted up. It seemed the tram was bypassing / blocking as I went up the hill. The engine lugged and the only way to go forward was to crawl it up the hill, or go in reverse.

Got to the shop. Took a look (as I had replaced my pto hoses earlier today). Nothing wrong. Took the tractor out and it ran fine. Maybe something got looses for a moment, blocked something up? Who knows. It is not happening now.

But I am thinking this would be a good time to look into the tram issue. I am calling Tazwell tomorrow but wanted to know who else has this experience.

This is the hydraback model.

/ Tram slower in forward than reverse #2  
I had a similar situation and it turned out that a bolt that hold the hydraulic motor had backed out far enough that it was rubbing against the hub the tires mount on. It feel like the PT was bogging down from time to time, i looked for flat tire, or something jammed somewhere, but couldn't find anything. Then i was pushing into some brush with the rough cut mower and couldn't back up. Noticed it appear to be one tire locking up. Jacked it up, pulled the tire off and saw the bolt had been rubbing for sometime before finally breaking off the head and jamming against the hub. I could move forward with some difficulty, but reverse jammed the head and locked the tire. I was going to write this up, but with your post here, thought i'd go ahead and put it here, just in case.

/ Tram slower in forward than reverse
Good to know. Will get into it tomorrow. Hows the weather? Rain and lightning, but no hail...

/ Tram slower in forward than reverse #5  
Did you have a bucket or grapple on? Is it possible that the PTO switch was on, or shorting? My will run, just, with the PTO switch on.

All the best,

Peter

/ Tram slower in forward than reverse
Terry and I did some tests and cleaned part of the system. I need to rear the treadle apart. It is probably the culprit